Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-15-2011, 11:36 AM   #4221 
Litlover11

Dragonii, your tanks are gorgeous!
Litlover11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:57 AM   #4222 
ollief9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut285 View Post
Your walls are white. As both a semi-novice photographer and a biological chemist, that is chlorophyll floating around your tank. Whether your tank be green or clear, that is chlorophyll, which is CLEARLY present.

I could say the same to you, you know nothing of how I care for my fish. My tank IS cycled because I watched it cycle. I KNEW from the beginning that the tank was too small, but I was given that tank as a gift, and at the time I did not have any other fish but them. I test the water EVERYDAY, to the point where I have to buy TWO API MASTER KITS. One for my bettas, one for my goldfish due to frequency of use.

I can tell you straight up that it took 27 days for my tank to cycle and I've got the excel sheets to prove it. Nitrate doesn't just appear out of thin air, it was created by the nitrosifying and nitrifying bacteria, which can only appear if your tank is cycled.

I know what these guys (bacteria) look like under a microscope. It is my major at university. I have tested more gallons of water than a person can drink in their lifetime. I've collected more samples of water than anybody can imagine. Sometimes I think I've been IN the water longer than my fish, scuba diving and collecting soil samples.

Your tank is no better than mine. Both of us are in the wrong here, whether it be due to lack of money, space or knowledge.

I KNOW that the size will eventually claim the lives of my fish. I am negotiating getting a 30 gallon with my family because they've only recently started trusting me about my aquatic knowledge.

As Draug said, we are merely concerned for the well-being of you fish. There is no reason for you to stomp your feet and get upset just because you think we are "attacking" you. Do you think that I came into this website peacefully? No way.

I had several people attack me for my goldfish as well. So what did I do? I stepped up my game, I did more water changes, did my research; I proved to them that I can keep a horrendously overstocked tank by keeping on the safe side.

In the end? Instead of having a horrible obituary saying: "omg my goldfish died cuz I stuck it in a tiny tank". I can proudly say that my goldfish are still alive despite being in a small tank. The only time they ever got sick was when I brought home some plants that had ich. They recovered in TWO days, which is one dose, with malachite green. They are healthy, strong and smart. My goldfish are NOT old, barely three years old. I have seen horribly stunted goldfish before, mine are in the clear for now. I know that soon I will have to move them, sometime before next year until problems start.

Don't just lie down and cry just because people didn't shower you with rainbows. The world isn't full of rainbows.

Besides, I think your betta tank is quite nice. I like what you did with the divider, I wouldn't have the patience to do that.
Agreed.
ollief9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 04:51 PM   #4223 
BettaMiah

Lie down and cry? Really.

The tanks is NOT green, there is no chlorophyll.

I can try to get a better picture. Please, there is not! You DON'T know what you see. It is merely a crappy picture. In real life, the tank looks nothing like that. Please, just stop. The water is not green. It is clear, crystal clear. No white stuff.

I will get a new picture.

I don't know what to say or do.

I would like to applaud you for your Goldfish tank, then. You clearly care. I made the same mistake too. I had my Goldie in a bowl, then a 3 gallon, and now this.

Thank you for the compliment on my Betta tank. I appreciate it.
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:20 PM   #4224 
ArcticRain

I re-decorated when i found this amazing Egyptian head thing at walmart for only $5. I love Egypt and for me, this was an awesome find! I think i am going to put another tall plant in front of the heater to make it look more full. What do you think?

ArcticRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:32 PM   #4225 
bob the betta

This is my tank
Attached Images

bob the betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:17 PM   #4226 
Aquarianblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticRain View Post
I re-decorated when i found this amazing Egyptian head thing at walmart for only $5. I love Egypt and for me, this was an awesome find! I think i am going to put another tall plant in front of the heater to make it look more full. What do you think?

I would have bought the same thing, myself. I really, really would have. As for your setup, it does look really nice. And yea, block the heater/pump with plants. I need to do the same. lol
Aquarianblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:42 AM   #4227 
ollief9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticRain View Post

Wow. Thats a lovely tank!
ollief9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:48 AM   #4228 
missm83

Romeo's pad
Attached Images

missm83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:11 AM   #4229 
missm83

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaMiah View Post
Here is my Goldfish's growout tank, My Betta's tank, and my Shrimp tank.
i got the same pink/black rocks and the same cave :)
missm83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:42 AM   #4230 
Princess Penny

ArcticRain, I love the sphinx head!

Here's Ammo's tank after some recent aquascaping :)

Princess Penny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank