Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-15-2011, 10:45 PM   #1 
Potential4Evil
New Member
 
Potential4Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Bubbler?

Do you guys think its pace is too fast for Ra? Should i turn it on just for a little exercise?
Its a 3.5gal
Attached Images
 
Potential4Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:49 PM   #2 
Kytkattin
Member
 
Kytkattin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: California
He probably won't make bubble nests with it on at all. I can't really tell how fast it is from a still picture.
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:51 PM   #3 
MMAsac
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Central PA
if its bubbling at a pace of more than 1 bubble per second, its probably to fast
MMAsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:52 PM   #4 
Potential4Evil
New Member
 
Potential4Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytkattin View Post
He probably won't make bubble nests with it on at all. I can't really tell how fast it is from a still picture.
its pretty quick and if he stopped moving he gets slightly taken in the current.
Is there a way to slow it down?
Potential4Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:57 PM   #5 
Potential4Evil
New Member
 
Potential4Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMAsac View Post
if its bubbling at a pace of more than 1 bubble per second, its probably to fast
how can i slow it down then?
Potential4Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:26 PM   #6 
Pitluvs
Member
 
Pitluvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
I had that tank... What you do is turn the top of the air pump, loosen it. You'll notice it slows the current. I had mine about halfway and it had a nice amount of bubbles but not a strong current of them. Ben loved watching the bubbles, but sadly I took the tank back when he started getting sick from it.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:38 PM   #7 
Potential4Evil
New Member
 
Potential4Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
I had that tank... What you do is turn the top of the air pump, loosen it. You'll notice it slows the current. I had mine about halfway and it had a nice amount of bubbles but not a strong current of them. Ben loved watching the bubbles, but sadly I took the tank back when he started getting sick from it.
Damn that worked! and Ra chases the bubbles...what do u mean urs got sick from it? What he get sick from?
Potential4Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:33 AM   #8 
Pitluvs
Member
 
Pitluvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
I think my water or conditioner reacted to the plastic, Ben loved the tank then one day he started acting funny. I loved the tank too lol Just as a precaution I took the tank back :)

Glad it worked!
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:52 AM   #9 
Potential4Evil
New Member
 
Potential4Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
I think my water or conditioner reacted to the plastic, Ben loved the tank then one day he started acting funny. I loved the tank too lol Just as a precaution I took the tank back :)

Glad it worked!
Oh well so far Ra hasnt reacted badly to the conditioner nor Capt Nemo, the algae eater...so I guess I'll just keep watching him. Thanks for the advice tho!
Potential4Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:03 PM   #10 
Smokey65662
New Member
 
Smokey65662's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Fl
I bought this tank for my girlfriend when she got her first betta. Alli (the betta) loved to look at the bubbles and swim down the tube to the bottom plate that the substrate sat on....eventually we took it out (the tube) when she kept going down it. She later died :( but now she has a male betta in there and he enjoys watching the bubbles....has yet to think swimming down it is a good idea xD
Smokey65662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bubbler speed

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bubbler? Kevindolin2 Betta Fish Care 14 02-01-2011 03:00 AM
Bubbler! :D PewPewPew Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories 4 12-13-2010 04:15 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.