Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-15-2011, 05:11 PM   #9991 
Tisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Beautiful fish!!
^_^ hopefully I'll be having a breeding log in a few months, lol
I think the sibling ones were pretty, but not really what I was looking for, plus the first looks like she has some weird scaling as well as some over her eyes, and the second one's fins just weren't doing it for me
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:31 PM   #9992 
Betta Slave

Rant- Homework. And math I don't understand. Blehhhh.

EDIT- Oh, and excuse the massive wall of text below. It didn't look like too much when I typed it, but... XD

And since our Happy Thread seems to have gone down (...it's not appearing on my "Subscribed Threads" page) I suppose I'll put my happy here. :P

AMAZING band practice today. My electric guitarist is such a gentleman. "Can I carry your bass? No? Your amp? Your acoustic guitar?" :) He's awesome. Great at guitar, too. XD

WE CAME UP FOR A NAME FOR OUR BAND <3 <3 <3 31 MILES. It has a meaning, don't worry. lol

It's official- we're playing at the student council elections- in a "partnership", as you might say, with one of our (or my best friends, for sure) best friends who is running for pres. We're covering Under Cover of Darkness, by The Strokes. And then I'm not sure what we're going to do. But we're all going to practice hard, and next Thursday we'll have another practice and it'll be awesome. I love my band members. <3 AND I have another friend whose bro has a band, and they have professional recording stuff, and he's offered to produce some music for us once we start recording :)

Only thing about the guitarist is that he likes to goof off a lot, really easygoing. Like today I got a tab for him (we're playing in front of the whole school- song needs to be perfect) and five minutes later of trying to read tabs he's all "Meh. Not in the mood."

'-.-. Buddy, I'm serious about this. It's been confirmed that, despite our relatively young age, this band is serious. Since I'm the only one who's not afraid to take control and boss people around if they need it, I expect you to practice hard and be devoted. We won't get work done otherwise.

...I guess that turned into a bit of a rant. But it was an awesome day regardless. :)

Last edited by Betta Slave; 09-15-2011 at 11:33 PM.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:12 AM   #9993 
Sakura8

Very awesome to hear, Betta Slave. Lots of people try to start bands, few succeed. But I sense with your drive and determination, you will be one of the bands that succeeds. You're dedicated to your practice and you're already lining up gigs (Student Council). Way to go!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:27 AM   #9994 
dramaqueen
Banned

That's awesome! Good luck to you guys.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:29 AM   #9995 
Betta Slave

Thank you! :) It's very exciting. If this works out, we'll be playing at school dances too. And later in the year once we warm up there's an age 14 to 18 cafe in the city where people perform and we're hoping to do something there, too. AND we're setting up a youtube channel.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:33 AM   #9996 
Littlebittyfish

11pm, bedtime for me.
2:30am,Got woken up by a puking kid with the flu...
5:30am, finally got him back to bed.
6:30am, cleaned up and go back in to my own bed to sleep.
7:00am, road construction team shows up in front of house and they're now working on tearing up the road in front of our house.
7:30am, everyone's awake again now...second pot of coffee...
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:06 PM   #9997 
GunsABlazin

>.< it takes over $100 to fill up my beasts belly.
My 83 "eddie bower" edition Bronco is a monster. My poor parents are gunna go broke D:
GunsABlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:51 PM   #9998 
hmckin20

UGH.
rant: the electric situation in my room is crap. one outlet of seven works. said outlet is on the other side of the room, far away from anything i need. extension cords? you betcha. i was looking at my heater today and it wasn't. even. on.

bought a filter today and the sadlkfj doesn't work. NEED. FILTERS. the electricity here probably outed the filter.

checked and my room temperature (thus my tanks) is low. frustration.

and i went to walmart to pick up said lousy filter and i saw this guy flicking this poor betta in its cup as hard as he could. "they're not too active" no crap, you're scaring the crap out of it. guy looked away for a minute and i swooped in and took the betta. he's sitting on my desk, hiding under his ceramic bridge. poor guy.
hmckin20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:00 PM   #9999 
1fish2fish

Why must aquasoil cause so much murkiness. *sigh*
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:07 PM   #10000 
Betta Slave

Dear math,

I'm not a psychiatrist. Solve your own freakin' problems. -.-

Tags
bettathanyou