Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-16-2011, 01:47 AM   #11 
teasell

Other then this problem whiich started today Ghost seemed to be very happy and healthy in his tank. Funny half the time he doesn't seem to bed flaring at anything in particular. For now I am just going to take the approach of lots of good clean water. If it seems to get worse then I will QT him and try treating him with aquarium salt but I think lots of water changes might be the answer as I was maybe 2 days late in doing a change. Right now he seems very happy to have a super clean tank. I've never seen him tailbite so I don't think that is the proble. Will let all of you know how he's doing should see signs of healing in a couple of days
teasell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:10 PM   #12 
teasell

Her is the picture of what Ghost's fins looked like when I got home from a 2 hours trip to pick kids up from school yesterday. The tail fin does not look bitten and I don't think it looks like fin rot either but I sure could be wrong
Attached Images

Old 09-16-2011, 07:32 PM   #13 
MrVampire181

I use just enough Stress Coat to cover the bottom of the cap for torn fins...but Stress Coat is my choice of water conditioner so it's not really needed for me.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:36 PM   #14 
Silverfang

For torn fins stress coat dosage should be twice the amount as used for regular dechlorination. 2ml per gal. And it does help.

Edit: yea, it does look like he's nommed on his tail

Last edited by Silverfang; 09-16-2011 at 07:41 PM.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:38 PM   #15 
Luimeril

that's tail biting, on Ghost. i can see where he chewed between some of the rays.

if you have any way to get tannins in, that'll help his fins heal up faster. .3. that's what i always used for Cup.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:57 PM   #16 
teasell

I did collect some oak leaves from my sons yard today. Not sure if the are dried enough yet as they just fell from the trees but I will clean them good tomorrow and then throw some into Ghost's tank after I do a partial water change. Funny that in the 5 or so weeks that I have had him he would suddenly start tail biteing but I did change the bulb in his hood a few days ago to a florescent and it is lots brighter in the tank. Have turned off his hood light as of last night so I hope that helps too.