Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-19-2011, 12:36 AM   #11 
Banicks

Ack, I can't see the pictures. Work must have them blocked.

Sounds like from what the majority have said, he is alright. Just adjusting to the new environment.

If his fins are looking unhealthy AQ salt is usually the best bet, along with 100% daily water changes and a redose. :)

If you are really concerned or something takes a turn for the worst, place a thread in emergency again ^^

I'm sure he will be fine!
Banicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:42 AM   #12 
Miyazawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banicks View Post
Ack, I can't see the pictures. Work must have them blocked.

Sounds like from what the majority have said, he is alright. Just adjusting to the new environment.

If his fins are looking unhealthy AQ salt is usually the best bet, along with 100% daily water changes and a redose. :)

If you are really concerned or something takes a turn for the worst, place a thread in emergency again ^^

I'm sure he will be fine!
Cool! just one more quick question...1 teaspoon AQ per gallon right?
Miyazawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:49 AM   #13 
Banicks

Correcty doodle. :)

Treat with Aq.Salt at 1 tsp/gal. Increase water changes to 100% daily. Replace accurate amount of salt following water changes. Add Stress Coat to help repair tissue. If there is little to no improvement within the first 5 days, you can increase the salt dosage gradually to 2tsp/gal but do not continue any salt treatments past 10 days.

If ever in doubt and need help with suspect disease ask, if there isn't anyone on you can always consult:

Betta Fish Disease and Treatment stickies
Part 1: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=73332
Part 2: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=73333
Old 09-19-2011, 12:53 AM   #14 
Miyazawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banicks View Post
Correcty doodle. :)

Treat with Aq.Salt at 1 tsp/gal. Increase water changes to 100% daily. Replace accurate amount of salt following water changes. Add Stress Coat to help repair tissue. If there is little to no improvement within the first 5 days, you can increase the salt dosage gradually to 2tsp/gal but do not continue any salt treatments past 10 days.

If ever in doubt and need help with suspect disease ask, if there isn't anyone on you can always consult:

Betta Fish Disease and Treatment stickies
Part 1: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=73332
Part 2: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=73333
The stress coat is also a water conditioner...so do i just not use my own water conditioner and use the one with the stress coat? Sorry that i have lots of questions......
Miyazawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:42 AM   #15 
Banicks

API Stress Coat is a highly recommended water conditioner by most people on these forums. It has aloe vera which helps fishy form a slimey coat to protect themselves :)

I actually use both Stress Coat and a sepereate Sera water conditioner. But if you just used Stress Coat by itself, it is an excellent conditioner and health booster for fishy ^^