Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-20-2011, 12:13 PM   #11 
mjoy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by MybettaSapphire View Post
I got my first Betta several months ago. In that time I've gone from a gallon bowl, to a three gallon tank, to a ten gallon that houses my single betta and a mystery snail. I've found what works best for me. I literally couldn't stand doing water changes all the time, and with the ten gallon, there's more room for decorations and plants. I think everyone just finds what works for them, and as long as the betta(s) is well taken care of, that's fine with me.
Well put! Welcome to the forum :)
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:14 PM   #12 
Sena Hansler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MybettaSapphire View Post
I got my first Betta several months ago. In that time I've gone from a gallon bowl, to a three gallon tank, to a ten gallon that houses my single betta and a mystery snail. I've found what works best for me. I literally couldn't stand doing water changes all the time, and with the ten gallon, there's more room for decorations and plants. I think everyone just finds what works for them, and as long as the betta(s) is well taken care of, that's fine with me.
Oh definitely :) I still use bowls, just, 2 gallon ones. For me as long as they are healthy, not stressed (shown to me by their colors for my bettas), they are okay for now.

An I agree with water changes... for a bowl, it's so much more than a cycled 10 gallon D:
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:36 PM   #13 
MybettaSapphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoy79 View Post
Well put! Welcome to the forum :)
Thanks, I've been lurking for a few weeks, and finally joined today!
MybettaSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:38 PM   #14 
dramaqueen
Banned

Let's be respectful of each others' opinions please. I think we can discuss this topic without arguing. I haven't seen any of that in this thread, I'm just making sure we stay civil. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:07 PM   #15 
Bresn

2.5 gallon is better I think.
Bresn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:10 PM   #16 
Sena Hansler

Well, to me, anything you can 1. have a heater in (mini heaters included) and 2. keep your fishy healthy in, go for it :) I've had a range of bowls, small tanks and up to 20 gallons. I definitely will say, that bowls take more work, small tanks take more work, and cycled tanks take less work >< Just my opinion :) So if you had a couple bowl bettas, you may not mind it. But as for me, I have 9 bettas, plus a job, and schooling lol. So 9 bowls or small tanks would be terrifying :p
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:50 PM   #17 
1fish2fish

*sigh* These threads are getting as bad as the "WALMART IZ TEH DEVIL" threads.

What it comes down to is.. are you happy looking at a fish sit in a tiny "tank" on a table and only turn around once or twice and that's the life it's destined to live forever? or do you want a pet who has some sort of enrichment in its life? Is simply having clean water and heat good enough?
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:15 PM   #18 
LaLaLeyla

What I hate about this website is people get on your case about tank sizes.
I think 1 gallon if fine.
LaLaLeyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:46 PM   #19 
missm83

i think we all learn as we go... i had no clue about bettas..but i also love animals and i will do what ever it takes to keep them happy. thank goodness for this site..i have learned a lot my boy is happy i can tell and if it wosnt for all you betta lovers helping me out i would be listening to the petco "fish"ppl and keep my betta in a .5gl bowl with nothing in it, My boys home is 2.5gl filtered and heated, i spend most of my day near him,i play with him and talk to him..So THANK YOU ALL FOR MAKING ME THE BEST BETTA KEPPER I CAN BE
missm83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:58 PM   #20 
tokala

When there is clearly a wide spread debate over this topic, I think it is unnecessary to create a thread that only encourages bickering and solves nothing. There is no magic answer out there to this and people are not going to change their minds. You are not going to convince others of your view no matter how many threads are created. I agree with OFL. Let us focus on advising others how to properly care for their fish in the situation they present us with on a case by case basis.
tokala is offline   Reply With Quote