Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-28-2011, 01:05 AM   #11 
betta lover1507

wow they just grow up so fast don't they?
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:08 PM   #12 
animallover4lyfe

Yes they do! Sooo interesting but im dying to see what they look like!!! After this im definitely going to keep breeding.

I dont know how its so much work, you know what maybe im used to cleaning like 20-35 tanks twice a week so its nothing for me lol
animallover4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:47 PM   #13 
Creat

Yeah I dont consider it that hard beyond the special foods and water changes... lol and I am excited too to see what they look like I want to see them and maybe if you have extra buy some :)
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:04 AM   #14 
animallover4lyfe

Haha yeah! My microworms are still going strong now at 2 weeks old! Lol im glad :) i will definitely sell some :) im so curious to what they will look like and tail type!
Old 09-12-2011, 10:06 PM   #15 
animallover4lyfe

sooo here are my babies now at 4 weeks old :D

question: what frozen foods can i introduce now or soon? I have already started baby brine shrimp.
Attached Images

Old 09-12-2011, 10:22 PM   #16 
cajunamy
Banned

Aw, so cute! I didn't start fozen foods till 2 months, but my first spawn has always been on the smaller side. I'm trying to 'power grow' this new spawn, feeding pretty much 4-6 x a day (I have 4 snails scavenging the tank)

I have a sponge filter going from the beginning. That way it is already cycled. I have it set to about a bubble a second in the beginning, from spawning. Then about once a week I increase the bubbles.

I don't fill my spawning tanks, so I introduce a gallon of water a day on a drip, after the first week. By the time they are 2 weeks, I start carefully doing water changes.

The first spawn, I used airline, rigid and flexible, and I sucked up many a fry. This time I'm putting pantyhose or something and just going to change water daily and not worry about all the crap on the bottom until they are much bigger. When it gets really dirty I'll take my little medicine dropper and remove some. Tedious, but I don't want to have to constantly worry about sucking up the babies.
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:44 PM   #17 
animallover4lyfe

yeah Iv only been using frozen baby brine shrimp i mainly feed microworms.

I put a sponge filter in there at 2 weeks, and my tank is probably 3/4 full. I havent seen them come up for air just yet...

the bubbles are Id say not enough to move the surface but in the area the sponge filter is the water surface does move. Im sure its okay though they dont look like it effects them at all!

I have one apple snail in there and never realized how much they POOP! holy lol. I do 50% water changes everyday, most of the time i accidently suck up fry but today i didnt :D

what did you feed your fry?
Old 09-20-2011, 10:37 PM   #18 
animallover4lyfe

my fry are now 5 weeks old....
here are some pics :D
Attached Images

Old 09-20-2011, 11:00 PM   #19 
WiccanWisdom
Banned

Do you find that they eat the frozen bbs without trouble? I always read that you shouldn't feed frozen because they don't move and stimulate the natural hunting instincts of the fry.

But your babies look great! And feeding frozen would be soooo much easier then hatching and feeding live!
WiccanWisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:09 PM   #20 
animallover4lyfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiccanWisdom View Post
Do you find that they eat the frozen bbs without trouble? I always read that you shouldn't feed frozen because they don't move and stimulate the natural hunting instincts of the fry.

But your babies look great! And feeding frozen would be soooo much easier then hatching and feeding live!
Nooo way! Lol my babies LOVE the frozen bbs! I feed it alot! I am just trying to feed frozen daphnia now and they hate it lol i hope they get used to it lol. Im waiting for my grindal worms ! Then i will start that but im kinda scared i hope they arent gross! Lol