Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-20-2011, 08:49 PM   #1 
jdvyner

My tanks keep making an annoying dripping noise

I have two aqueon 2.5 gallon tanks and I cant get the tank to stop dripping. I think it is coming from the flow from the filter but I have absolutely no clue. If anyone has the same or had the same problem. If you know the secret let me know. It drives me nuts
jdvyner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:19 PM   #2 
kmargold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdvyner View Post
I have two aqueon 2.5 gallon tanks and I cant get the tank to stop dripping. I think it is coming from the flow from the filter but I have absolutely no clue. If anyone has the same or had the same problem. If you know the secret let me know. It drives me nuts
If possible you can fill the water level to meet closer to the flow spout of the filter. Mine makes dripping noises when some of my water evaporates. If that doesn't work you can baffle the filter using a homemade baffle. Numerous people have posted guides on how to make one of these. While I have not made one of them, it does look very simple.
kmargold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:42 PM   #3 
jdvyner

thats a great suggestion I actually just put extra water and the dripping stopped. thanks :)
Old 09-21-2011, 04:33 PM   #4 
kmargold

Quote:
thats a great suggestion I actually just put extra water and the dripping stopped. thanks :)
Glad I could help :)
Old 09-21-2011, 05:13 PM   #5 
Sena Hansler

Yeah I have the same problem. One tank has a soft flow, but the water level has to be at a certain point... another one is annoying unless it is filled an inch from the filter lol.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:17 PM   #6 
jdvyner

Have any of you had problems with the tank destroying bubble nests. My roommate is concerned that his betta cant build his bubble nest.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:41 PM   #7 
Sena Hansler

Depends on the filter and size of tank. I've had bettas in 5 gallons and the nest isn't destroyed by the filter unless it's too close to the filter. Plus, those bubble nests are hard to destroy as the saliva keeps it together really well...

There are some strong filters that can do that, and can make the betta's live worse by pushing the poor thing around (they are not really stroganoff swimmers)
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:23 PM   #8 
kmargold

Quote:
Have any of you had problems with the tank destroying bubble nests. My roommate is concerned that his betta cant build his bubble nest.
My betta Sora in his 3 gallon never has a problem with his nests getting destroyed. He's almost always got one built. My other fish, Dasher, I just got recently (About a month ago). He is in a 10 gallon with a stronger filter (It has to be stronger for a bigger tank) I have yet to see him build a bubble nest. I don't think the filter flow is too much though. More than 3/4ths of the tank is almost perfectly still water. Maybe Dasher won't build them as often as Sora?