Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-22-2011, 08:33 PM   #1 
MemoryKissed

Is my Guss Guss sick?

So I am one of those paranoid kind of people. My hubby says that is what I am being right now. But I thought it would be better to ask than just wait and stress. So here it is. Guss Guss is my big male. he is always kind of a busy bee during the day and rest at night. but the last few days he has been just what I thought was "enjoying" laying on his plant and soaking up the light. lol. He does swim around just not as much as he was the first week we had him. We have had him for two weeks. Today is going to be the second water change. His water temp is between 76 and 78. Its hard to tell where that little red line lays all the time. Darn line!!! So he gets excited about food time. He is eating and pooping well. But he just isn't as excited as he was. He doesn't puff up at Elephant anymore and his fins are never puffed out either. Is that normal? They just hang. I didn't know if maybe he is just used to Elephant now and doesn't find the need to puff at him now or what. I dont have a mirror to put in his tank. I did put a large pair of fingernail clippers up against the glass to see if that would get his attention. He did flair his little chicks out at it but not his fins. UGH. Please Help ease my mind. Let me know if he is ok or if I need to do something. We are changing the water tonight after the hubby gets off of work. 100% Change. Ps Elephant is fine. He is way more active than he has ever been. Its like they switched spots. Oh and also I was thinking about changing the side of the tank they are on the switch things up so they dont get bored but I dont want to stress them out so any incite on that would be great too.
MemoryKissed is offline   Reply With Quote