Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-22-2011, 01:44 AM   #11 
Sakura8

O.O That's some cat your mom has there, she sounds more like a cougar. I'm sorry about Tokyo, that's sad. Only one of my cats shows any interest at all in my fish and all he wants to do is sit and stare. He's too lazy to do anything else.

Wow, yeah, glad your rottie didn't get in there. Iorek would have been gone in one gulp.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:49 AM   #12 
Pataflafla

For sure. He would stand a chance with the puppy because she would get scared of his flopping, but not the rotty.

My mom's cat isn't huge, just pretty retarded by way of anything involving motion or grace. "Jump on this table you say? Let me give it ten tries first. Jump off this bed? I'm gonna slide off of it instead."

Iorek is spending the night in his cup on my computer desk for safety so we can check his tank for leaks tomorrow. Thankfully he's a hardy old guy and was pretty much unfazed by this whole experience.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:10 AM   #13 
Sakura8

Lol, and here we have sayings like "graceful as a cat." I know what you mean, I have a very fat, short cat who is terrifically clumsy too. One time she fell off the kitchen table and landed on her back on the chair so all I saw was four feet and a tail flailing around. Took her forever to get herself right side up. She's also fallen off her kitty tower. The worst was when she fell out of the rafters in the garage. Fat cats with short legs and no depth perception should not try to walk across 2 X 4s that are 10 feet in the air.

Here's hoping Iorek is okay! Fingers are crossed.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:14 AM   #14 
Pataflafla

I think he'll be be fine honestly. as soon as he got back in water, he was swimming around just fine. No tipping whatsoever. He was out of water for maybe 30 seconds tops. I had been changin Ratchet's water so there was already clean, treated water just across the hallway and it was already at the right temperature. the hardest part was getting him to flop into my fingers instead of away from them, but he got it eventually.

No signs of fin tearing or anything body damage, so that's good. His tanks gonna need a good rinsing to get all the cat and dog hair out, but I don't think there are any cracks since it landed on a soft blanket full of laundry. Very soft landing.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:43 AM   #15 
Sakura8

Very fortunate things happened as they did. I'm glad the tank landed on laundry. Whew. I have all hardwood floors, a fall like that in my room could have been baaad. And yeah, it's actually really hard to pick up a fish from the ground, isn't it? One of my girls routinely jumps out of the tank at feeding time so I know what you mean about the flopping.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:19 PM   #16 
Pataflafla

Well he survived the night with flying colors. Right now he's floating cupped with Lyra and enjoying his lady time.

Starscream looks to be ok too. I can't spot where that piece of fin popped off at all, but he's acting perfectly normal for himself.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:35 PM   #17 
Sakura8

That's great to hear, Pata. I'm glad he's okay. Who knows what caused that piece of fin to come off but as long as he doesn't make a habit of it, he should be okay.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:46 PM   #18 
Pataflafla

He was just flaring at Iorek and I still can't spot where it came off, so it must not have been all to evident. At least he isn't hurt enough that flaring is out of the question. He didn't want to stop so I put a card between him and Ioreks' cup while we get Iorek's tank set up.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:02 PM   #19 
Sakura8

Hehe, sounds like he's A-OK then. That's great.