Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-05-2007, 05:38 PM   #1 
loren1983

Betta just ate a glofish...when to feed him again...

Ok, we now have a 250.00 10 gal setup for our $3 betta, Finley. We added some friends after cycling (a few cory cats and 2 glofish) The first glofish didn't make it --filter was too strong for his tiny size.

The second has been doing poorly for a few days after getting one eye banged in the filter. Today, came home and there is a tiny fish skeleton that the betta is sitting on top of, looking extremely fat. How long do I wait to feed him again? I don't want to deprive the cory cats, but the betta loves their food and eats it too...

Yours in fish,

Loren
loren1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:53 AM   #2 
Lupin

Location: Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Information Super Highway
Re: Betta just ate a glofish...when to feed him again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by loren1983
Ok, we now have a 250.00 10 gal setup for our $3 betta, Finley. We added some friends after cycling (a few cory cats and 2 glofish) The first glofish didn't make it --filter was too strong for his tiny size.

The second has been doing poorly for a few days after getting one eye banged in the filter. Today, came home and there is a tiny fish skeleton that the betta is sitting on top of, looking extremely fat. How long do I wait to feed him again? I don't want to deprive the cory cats, but the betta loves their food and eats it too...

Yours in fish,

Loren
Welcome to Fishforum.com, Loren.

What filter are you using? I would replace it with something that will not harm your fish. What are your water parameters? You can stop feeding them for a day or two.
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:25 AM   #3 
loren1983

Thanks! The filter is a Tetra Whisper Power Filter 5. 15. It really doesn't appear that powerful, but the glowfish were very tiny and I think it was too much for them. No trouble with my fat little cories and betta seems to like the motion contrary to typical betta preference. I was thinking of putting a screen on it... The 10 gal (I know, I know) just finished cycling after 2 months, and I do partial (2.5 gal) water changes 2x per week. I don't, however, vacuum the gravel.

Thanks a bunch.

Loren
loren1983 is offline   Reply With Quote