Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-18-2011, 09:24 PM   #21 
Pitluvs

I have Glowlight Tetras, neat fish but mine are skiddish that's why I put them with the little danios. My community tank frightened them. They are also the main reason I had Ich and columnaris. They need 5+ group or they spaz. I'd say those or Harlequin Rasboras are good. Low key fish that are fast but won't bug your betta.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:45 AM   #22 
Anitax3x

sorry studying has made me forget about my thread! Well my female betta who was supposed to be in this tank, ended up having to be euthanized, no improvements no matter what I tried :( So I have 3 males and 1 female who i know has to be alone or she absolutely freaks. I have alot of interest in hm plakat males on AB. any of you guys have boys in community tanks? would they do alright? I'm afraid to order a male, and have him flip out. he wont have HUGE fins so he can swim, and I plan on putting way more hiding spots. i still only have 3 cories and 4 platies in the 20 gal. I just want to know what to do. I have no fry from the platies bc they're all dif sub species, idk if that means much but I'd love some more input.
Anitax3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:57 AM   #23 
kumi

Very sorry you lost the girl. I have yet to put my male betta into a community tank (considering it....) so I cannot speak from personal experience. From what everybody says, it's very dependent on the individual betta, though you certainly have the right fish for it to work. Do any of your males seem like good candidates to try it with? You can always move him back out if it doesn't work.

Kumi
kumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:02 PM   #24 
Anitax3x

my ct mail is spunky and fearless. I was honestly considering putting him in there. yesterday i was trying to fix my baffle for the filter with sponges and he legit swam right up to my fingers and watched. no stress bars no flaring he just watched. it made me laugh bc i had to almost touch him with a sponge to get him to back up. I mean he doesnt freak out with the other male. (hes in the middle of my divided 3 way 10 gal) My other male in the 3 gal flares and freaks out so I know he can't be in with the community tank. i mean he was in there with 3 cories before i divided it and he was happy as can be, its the platies im worried about. so i mean I know i have one male who could probably thrive in there. I guess im hesitant to try without someone telling me from experience.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:09 PM   #25 
kumi

Start a new thread with a subject such as "male betta in community tank?" and you should get a lot. I know that lots of people on here have done it. I think you need sort of a "middle of the road" male: can take care of himself, but won't be too aggressive towards the other fish. My betta loves going into hunting mode, so I'm a little worried about putting him in with anybody else!

Kumi
kumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:12 PM   #26 
Anitax3x

haha ok thanks :D will do that right now!