Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-05-2011, 03:26 AM   #11 
HatsuneMiku

OMG lol i totally thought at the beginning before u zoomed out .. how did he get his fish to swim outside of the tank .. till i realized there was a tube thing =)

=D very amazing ..

i'm really curious about how u do water changes ? .. do u take the tube out ? won't the water from the tube overflow ur tank when you release it ??

also, how stable is that ? .. is it just on top of the pillars? or do u have some way to prevent it from falling over ? ..
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:19 AM   #12 
Mohan85

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatsuneMiku View Post
OMG lol i totally thought at the beginning before u zoomed out .. how did he get his fish to swim outside of the tank .. till i realized there was a tube thing =)

=D very amazing ..

i'm really curious about how u do water changes ? .. do u take the tube out ? won't the water from the tube overflow ur tank when you release it ??

also, how stable is that ? .. is it just on top of the pillars? or do u have some way to prevent it from falling over ? ..
I do water changes carefully not to go below the entrance of the tower and to take the tower out to clean i just have a tube siphon the water out while holding onto the tower just in case, but the water usually just slowly comes flows down.. or should i say.. farts down(you'll get it if you ever try it), and its pretty stable.. BUT YOU GOT TO MAKE SURE ITS STABLE! With the water in the tower it becomes very heavy and the greek pillar things holding it are pretty solid, i set it all down before i threw in the gravel too.. still though it can still be pushed over.. so thats why I don't let anyone near it! lol
Mohan85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:45 AM   #13 
Flaretacious

Thumbs up

That is really amazing and very creative, your betta is very pretty as well. I think every Betta would love to explore outside of their tank and feel on top of the world. xD I like your tank too.....
Flaretacious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:23 PM   #14 
HatsuneMiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan85 View Post
I do water changes carefully not to go below the entrance of the tower and to take the tower out to clean i just have a tube siphon the water out while holding onto the tower just in case, but the water usually just slowly comes flows down.. or should i say.. farts down(you'll get it if you ever try it), and its pretty stable.. BUT YOU GOT TO MAKE SURE ITS STABLE! With the water in the tower it becomes very heavy and the greek pillar things holding it are pretty solid, i set it all down before i threw in the gravel too.. still though it can still be pushed over.. so thats why I don't let anyone near it! lol
ahh!! that makes sense to me now !! .. i'm gonna totally try this!! .. i'll have to find all the parts first .. but with your advice i think i can do it too !! yay!! thank you very much =)
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:09 PM   #15 
Draug Isilme

I absolutely love this idea! I'd so do it for my tank, if I didn't have to worry about the hood and lighting for plants ;__; Ah well... This is definitely gonna go under my 'Future Projects' list ^.^
Draug Isilme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:19 AM   #16 
Mohan85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draug Isilme View Post
I absolutely love this idea! I'd so do it for my tank, if I didn't have to worry about the hood and lighting for plants ;__; Ah well... This is definitely gonna go under my 'Future Projects' list ^.^
you can still have a hood with lights for your plants, all those plants in my tank are real, and my hood has plant lights.. the hood just can't fit properly is all lol its on sideways.. and u do kinda get a little problem with quick water evaporation but thats about it
Mohan85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:16 PM   #17 
justemoi

looks great! very lucky fishie :)
justemoi is offline   Reply With Quote