Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-06-2007, 08:22 PM   #1 
momakat

food

We have 3 bettas now, Bernie, Sharky & Brucey.. Bernie is moody, some days he is happy & blowin bubbles galore., somedays he just floats around. Sharky is always happy so it seems. As soon as I walk into my daughters room and pick up his bag of food, he starts wagging his tail and fluttering around in his tank all excited always blowing bubbles.He acts more like a dog. We just cant pet him. He puts on a good show for us. Brucey is the new guy just bought him yesterday. Don't know much about him. Here's the thing, I have flake food with shrimp brine, pellets and bought bloodworms yesterday. I gave them all bloodworms last night. Now they tore up the tanks eating those things:)
Absolutely loved them. I mixed flake food with shrimp brine & pellets they like it pretty well. Can they eat bloodworms daily or should I just give as a treat?
momakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:39 PM   #2 
Falina

Feed bloodworm once a week. They are sort of the equivalent to a fry up or a McDonalds to us. They seem to be tasty but don't have much nutritional value and are kind of fatty. They are good as a treat ocne a week or whatever, and bettas enjoy and benefit from meaty foods so no reason to rue them out completely. :)
Falina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:11 PM   #3 
beetlebz

i feed about the same as you do.. actually for my females. yeah just go easy on the blood worms and like falina (i still cant get used to that lol) said only feed em once a week or so. I decided one day to see how much they would eat... and within 5 minutes they all looked like they swallowed marbles lol i felt terrible!
beetlebz is offline   Reply With Quote