Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-23-2011, 11:14 PM   #1 
regalesse

three new tanks

well, it is time that I returned to the planted micro tank world. I have keeping planted tanks over 50 gallons in size for the last few years and have found the limited space of the smaller ones a bit of a problem so I am going to try and get over my limited space issue. i am going to be planting a little 1or 2 gallon hex tanks and a 5 gallon tank that is oddly shaped but very kool and a ten gallon.
the substrate will be black sand or shultz brand aquasoil (since i have both of them lying aroundt) and the majority of the plants will be babies from my larger tanks.
will try to post my tanks and plant choices later this evening or early tomorrow as i make some more progress for now, though the only thing that i have accomplished is cleaning the two tanks that i bought second hand today. 13 bucks for both and one comes complete with hood/light, fake plants horrid gravel (looks like crayons melted in them) pirate decor, bubble curtain with air pump and filter. but the real suprise is the thirty or so baby and juvenile feeder guppies that i had to take when i purchased the tank. how was that many living in that thing, i will never know. they are now n my 55 gallon community tank and exploring the castle there.
regalesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:41 PM   #2 
regalesse

here are pics of two of the tanks. the ten is currently housing all the baby plants and is not picture worthy yet.
Attached Images

Old 09-23-2011, 11:44 PM   #3 
regalesse

you must excuse my overly curious cat. she likes to check out the new tanks. she does not fish in them but she loves to watch them once they have fish in them. it's her favorite form of tv
Old 09-24-2011, 03:56 AM   #4 
Miyazawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by regalesse View Post
you must excuse my overly curious cat. she likes to check out the new tanks. she does not fish in them but she loves to watch them once they have fish in them. it's her favorite form of tv
OMG!!! your cat looks EXACTLY like mine!!!! NO JOKE..no exaggerating
Miyazawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:51 AM   #5 
regalesse

she was taken from a horders house that had over 50 others her size and smaller (15 weeks and younger) she has social problems with other animals and people. she will not allow another cat in the house but her and no one else can take care of her for more than an evening away from our home or she gets extremely aggressive.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:17 AM   #6 
regalesse

the first order for today will be to DIY microfilter that little hex. the components needed are small fish food container, craft knife, aquarium sealant, filter media, difuser or air stone, and suctioncup. will post pics shortly of progress as made.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:26 AM   #7 
regalesse

so, it took a little while but i managed to finish the filter between playing hostess and mommy. here are some pics. i ran that filter for 8 hours yesterday and played with the adjustments since i added one of those thumb screw control valves. it works really well
Attached Images