Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-25-2011, 11:49 AM   #1 
KekoLee

Exclamation Embrace with no eggs?

So my bettas have been at it for a good 30 minutes, but the problem is that Mrs. Betta is not releasing any eggs. Her stomach is big an I clearly see a white spot under her belly, and Mr. Betta is doing an alright job :/ Have you ever had this happen?
KekoLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:35 PM   #2 
Creat

Hi welcome to the forum! Its common for first time betta's to take a while to get the embrace right the important part is that they keep trying.
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:02 PM   #3 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum......

I agree with Creat-in that 30 min is not enough time....its not uncommon for them to embrace several times without release of eggs......sit back and watch and try not to intervene or put your hands/nets in the tank and disturb them....some spawns can take half a day or longer...it varies a lot....

Love to see some pics and hear more about your spawning plan and goals....once you get eggs-be sure and start a spawning log and share with us with lots of pics.......

Good luck and keep us posted on how the spawn goes.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote