Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-26-2011, 06:34 PM   #11 
BettaMiah

I'm not. Continue.

I bother to work on it so I can make friends and stop having arguments. Not so you will think better of me.

I never said I don't care about you guys. I just don't care what you think of me. There's a difference.
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:37 PM   #12 
dramaqueen
Banned

I understand how everyone feels but let's not turn this into yet another arguement. BettaMiah, thank you for your apology.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:40 PM   #13 
TheCrysCat

Well, not trying to be nitpicky, but... if you care for someone, wouldn't you want them to not hate you? If you want friends on here, your best would to be careful of what you say, and to care what other members think of you.They would probably appreciate a little self-awareness :)
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:41 PM   #14 
bahamut285

Lol.

If you don't are what people think (especially your friends!!!), then you will have no self-inspection (because you don't care). With no self-inspection, there can be no room for personal growth or self-improvement.

Saying that you want friends and yet care nothing of what others think of you is incredulously pompous and (to be put bluntly) ridiculous. I'm not telling you to throw yourself to the ground and grovel, but at least be humble.
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:43 PM   #15 
bahamut285

I care A LOT about what my friends and other people think of me.

I continually adapt and form my own self from these experiences. People on this forum know me as both an intellectual and a bit of a joker.

I would personally love to see the better side of you, and talk to you more. You never know, maybe we can be friends too
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:48 PM   #16 
Banicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrysCat View Post
Then basically, don't snark at people. If you want advice on how to change, there's mine. That's a lot of the reason why I've gotten annoyed over the past few weeks. Unless you're going to add something constructive, there's really no reason to post, either.
I agree with TheCrysCat, there is an old saying that goes "If you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing at all" The irony of that statement exists within this thread, however you could consider it constructive criticism for self-improvement as requested.

BettaMiah, from what I have seen, you don't become 'defensive' but rather you seem to get outright offended when someone is trying to help you or add their opinion/input. When you post your opinion/input and meet opposition or someone who doesn't share your view, you become outright rude.

With time comes patience and understanding, some say age, but I know many young people who are more mature than the immature of my age group. As much as you say you don’t want to calm down or relax, a state of calm and pure acceptance allows you to understand people and empathise with them greatly. This way you can assist further, and also share opinions, have constructive discussions (some call it criticism) whilst remaining un-offended and learning – always learn, never ever stop learning!

Our worst enemy is arrogance when we believe we know everything and stop listening. As PewPewPew stated, your apology then reply post to me was contradictive in what you are trying to achieve initially.

I do hope things work out for you though, and I envy you if you truly don't care what others think of you. That is something I wish I had, but as far as I understand it is human nature to seek approval in others.
Banicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:57 PM   #17 
BettaMiah

Thank you all.

I don't really know what to say. Maybe am just going in circles here and I am going to make a fool out of myself, but honestly, I don't care what people think of me because that is their opinion. If they envy me and want to be friends, awesome! If they look down on me and see me as a moron, oh well. I will work on being humble.

TheCrystCat- I sure hope no one hates me. Dislike I know some do, but hate I sure hope not.
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:00 PM   #18 
PewPewPew

Let's just be nice, not be snarky, and remember that we/you should care about what people think of you, to an extent, because you are dealing with them here, and caring about what they think to at least an extent demonstrates some respect. Mutual respect yields the most effective answers for questions and concerns.

We dont all need to be friends, but we need to care about how we're thought of to others. That way, we can better respect them as people and respect their opinions, as well as having our own opinions respected in turn.

This may be the internet, but behind the user name, there are still people.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:12 PM   #19 
Banicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
Let's just be nice, not be snarky, and remember that we/you should care about what people think of you, to an extent, because you are dealing with them here, and caring about what they think to at least an extent demonstrates some respect. Mutual respect yields the most effective answers for questions and concerns.

We dont all need to be friends, but we need to care about how we're thought of to others. That way, we can better respect them as people and respect their opinions, as well as having our own opinions respected in turn.

This may be the internet, but behind the user name, there are still people.
Exactly! :)
Banicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:06 PM   #20 
cajunamy
Banned

this is going nowhere fast ... it's good to apologize, however don't do it if you don't mean it. Which quite honestly, that's what it sounds like. Because you don't care what we think, then why apologize? I know you said to prevent getting angry and making friends, but to make friends is to care what they think of you. You can't be friends with someone and not care. That's not a real friend. That's a fair weather friend.
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote