Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-25-2010, 02:06 PM   #1 
FloridaBettas239

Sugar Glider Joey's For Sale

Hello Everyone,
I have a pair of sugar glider's that are 3 week's out of pouch, They can not leave there mom until 8 or 9 week's so they are still a little young. But I am trying to find a good home for them, They are hand raised. I can handle all of my sugar glider's without a bite from anyone, You can not fully potty train glider's but with that said I have them on a schedule where I take them out of the cage and we go to there potty spot I hold them they use the bathroom and then it's all out of them as long as your not giving them ton's of food or water afterward's you can play with them for hour's and not have them go on you... I love my glider's and I don't have to get rid of them. They must go to a good home with someone that is good with gliders or someone that has done there homework.. Here is a site that I love It give's such great and 100% true info AND IT'S ALL VIDEO'S... http://www.asgv.org/pet_owners/new_owner.php There is so much info that can help a new sugar glider owner or even someone that own's glider's already.. Also suncoastsugargliders.com is a great site.. I am doing a cheap rehoming fee 100.00 each or 150.00 for the pair, they really need to stay together know matter how much you think your going to play with them they live in colony's in the wild any where from 4 to 8 or more live together, Also you need a good size cage you can not put them in a little bird cage they must be able to jump around you do not want them to for get they are glider's. Some place's there is actually a law on the size of the cage for glider's, around 4 feet tall 2 or 3 feet deep and 3 or 4 feet wide is a okay cage. Also the cage need's to have 1/2 inch spaced bar's so the glider cant come and go when he or she want's.. POCKETPETS.COM has cages just for glider's. I will be buying a new one soon... Anyway you will not find a deal like this any where else, The reason for this is it's not about the money it's about theses guy's getting a good home and getting taken care of correct.. It is not as hard to feed them like people make it sound but you can not just go and buy glider pellets and only feed that, I do not even feed glider pellet's at all 2 reason's 1) because sugar gliders need there food switched around they can not just get one food there whole life 2) the people that make these food's use cheap product to make it plus gliders dont eat pellet's in the wild.... This is how easy I make it, I go and buy fruit, grapes, melon, kiwi etc... I put it all in a blender and chop it up in small little chunck's and I mix all the fruit together then I put a spoon full in each hole of an ice cube tray. So when it's feeding time I take out the tray I pop a cube out and let it thaw then when they wake up I feed them. Or you can cut a apple a melon etc.. and place big chunk's in there for them. I just dont like having to go cut food up for them every night, but they are easy keepers,, Little bit of chicken little fruit a little veggies and they are good.. Anyway if anyone is interested in theses guys email me

FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 03:11 PM   #2 
Drift

Sugar gliders are adorable! I saw them for sale at the Dover mall in Delaware a couple months ago with my mom.
Unfortunately they're considered exotic in my state and require a permit to have them. The state also has a ban on permits right now, so there's no legal way for me to own one. :( That and hedgehogs. XD I wanted one of them too.
Make sure you research how your state classifies them and if it's ok for you to own the before purchasing.
Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:44 PM   #3 
FloridaBettas239

We have no problem here in Florida, as long as you don't have more than 3 females then you don't have to get anything.. if you have more than 3 then you have to get a breeding permit..
FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 01:48 PM   #4 
JKfish

*drool* they're adorable :S I've been wanting some for YEARS now, but I don't have the time or money to get them (I have the space, heck, I'd probably section off an entire room for them and fill if with shelves on the walls and hidey holes and such), and because they live so long, they'd have to pretty much live alone when I go off to college in two years, seeing as I probably couldn't bring them with me. :/
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:16 PM   #5 
jpetty12

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaBettas239 View Post
Hello Everyone,
I have a pair of sugar glider's that are 3 week's out of pouch, They can not leave there mom until 8 or 9 week's so they are still a little young. But I am trying to find a good home for them, They are hand raised. I can handle all of my sugar glider's without a bite from anyone, You can not fully potty train glider's but with that said I have them on a schedule where I take them out of the cage and we go to there potty spot I hold them they use the bathroom and then it's all out of them as long as your not giving them ton's of food or water afterward's you can play with them for hour's and not have them go on you... I love my glider's and I don't have to get rid of them. They must go to a good home with someone that is good with gliders or someone that has done there homework.. Here is a site that I love It give's such great and 100% true info AND IT'S ALL VIDEO'S... http://www.asgv.org/pet_owners/new_owner.php There is so much info that can help a new sugar glider owner or even someone that own's glider's already.. Also suncoastsugargliders.com is a great site.. I am doing a cheap rehoming fee 100.00 each or 150.00 for the pair, they really need to stay together know matter how much you think your going to play with them they live in colony's in the wild any where from 4 to 8 or more live together, Also you need a good size cage you can not put them in a little bird cage they must be able to jump around you do not want them to for get they are glider's. Some place's there is actually a law on the size of the cage for glider's, around 4 feet tall 2 or 3 feet deep and 3 or 4 feet wide is a okay cage. Also the cage need's to have 1/2 inch spaced bar's so the glider cant come and go when he or she want's.. POCKETPETS.COM has cages just for glider's. I will be buying a new one soon... Anyway you will not find a deal like this any where else, The reason for this is it's not about the money it's about theses guy's getting a good home and getting taken care of correct.. It is not as hard to feed them like people make it sound but you can not just go and buy glider pellets and only feed that, I do not even feed glider pellet's at all 2 reason's 1) because sugar gliders need there food switched around they can not just get one food there whole life 2) the people that make these food's use cheap product to make it plus gliders dont eat pellet's in the wild.... This is how easy I make it, I go and buy fruit, grapes, melon, kiwi etc... I put it all in a blender and chop it up in small little chunck's and I mix all the fruit together then I put a spoon full in each hole of an ice cube tray. So when it's feeding time I take out the tray I pop a cube out and let it thaw then when they wake up I feed them. Or you can cut a apple a melon etc.. and place big chunk's in there for them. I just dont like having to go cut food up for them every night, but they are easy keepers,, Little bit of chicken little fruit a little veggies and they are good.. Anyway if anyone is interested in theses guys email me

i'm jasmin petty and i'm interested in the sugar gliders.
jpetty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:05 PM   #6 
gmd1800

^ If it's not too late, you might want to edit your post so that your name and e-mail address isn't public. Just a heads up that the safest way to go through a transaction like this is to do it through private messaging.
gmd1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:28 PM   #7 
HatsuneMiku

OMG i would love to have one !!! but unfortunately they are illegal to have here in cali T_T
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:06 PM   #8 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1800 View Post
^ If it's not too late, you might want to edit your post so that your name and e-mail address isn't public. Just a heads up that the safest way to go through a transaction like this is to do it through private messaging.

I'm pretty sure I removed the post you're talking about at the same time you were posting this :)

You're right about not putting your info. out in public.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote