Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-30-2011, 03:54 PM   #11 
Littlebittyfish

My only HM does this to himself... /o:
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:20 PM   #12 
Sakura8

Anyone know how to entice a betta to finbite? Maybe if I dip Sherman's tail in bloodworm juice . . .

1fish, Sherm was my first betta so I had no idea his fins would get that long! His caudal is definitely longer than the length of his body. Definitely know better now. He's my only HM.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:19 PM   #13 
willabean

Sorry to sound so stupid, BUTTTTT.... is a Plakat a Betta with short fins? I think I would like that in a fish. Dont get me wrong, I absolutely adore my Fish Perry. His fins and tail are getting pretty long now that he is ( knock wood ) over his fin rot. But IF I ever get another Betta, my personal choice would be one closer to it's original and natural form. Do any of y'all breeders breed for those traits?
willabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:34 PM   #14 
Sakura8

willabean, you don't sound stupid at all. :) There are a lot of bettas out there now, it gets confusing. But yes, a Plakat is a betta with short fins. It's larger than a long-finned betta but not as big as a King or Monster betta, which also have short fins but get up to 4" long.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:57 PM   #15 
willabean

Thank you. A Monster Betta sounds very appealing. LOL! These fish are addictive!
Old 09-30-2011, 10:02 PM   #16 
Sakura8

They are. They should come with a warning and a toll free number for an addiction help line. :)
Old 10-01-2011, 12:21 AM   #17 
willabean

Oh Sakura, I just saw the most sickening thing. I googled monster , King bettas to see what one looked like. I ended up seeing a youtube video of some sick jerk putting a tiny little betta in with a big king betta. Of course the tiny was trying to get away but it was trapped in a small bowl. I feel like throwing up! Ive bombarded youtube with complaints and sent a VERY VERY nasty msge to that creep. I guess I never considered the ugly side of " fighting fish".
Old 10-01-2011, 12:58 AM   #18 
Sakura8

:( What was seen cannot be unseen. *hugs* I'm so sorry you saw that, willabean. Some people are cruel beyond words. I'm glad you complained to youtube. I hope they take the video down because it advocates animal cruelty. Some people have so little respect for animal life, especially the lives of fish. Poor tiny betta. :(