Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-01-2011, 05:05 AM   #1 
Flaretacious

Aquabid questions

I do not know if this would be the right place to post this so I am sorry if this is the wrong place to be posting this. Since I am getting paid and possibly might have some extra money this month.

I Registered at aquabid and just waiting for approval that could take up to 24-48 hours. any how I was wondering which sellers I should go through and such.

How long does it normally take for your fish to arrive? or is it better to just pay for the next day arrival? I am kind of skeptical since I have never bought Live fish online before.

I want to actually get a female sorority and a Male or two. "Possibly Halfmoon Plakats or just Plakats. some of them are just very pretty and amazing looking. I just want some advise and other peoples experience through Aquabid and who is a good seller to go through.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and hoping to hear back about other peoples experiences.
Flaretacious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:01 AM   #2 
GreenTea

Well usually the breeders ship to transhippers they use every two weeks or so. You can email the breeder and let them know which transhipper you would like to use. I just Jennifer Viviernos. She got them Sunday, had them inspected Monday, shipped Tuesday, and I received overnight shipping and got them before noon on Wednesday. If you use priority shipping which is cheaper, you don't get a live guarantee (no recourse if fish are DOA) and because it's been hotter, I wouldn't recommend priority shipping. Priority shipping has also taken up to 2 weeks for some people. For me, the extra money is worth less worry.

Sellers that have sold lots of fish and are generally respected and have healthy well cared for fish are Korwhord, Bettaakapes, Aquastar has pretty fish but they're expensive and his care for quality fish has come into question lately. Pro fish farm is also on ab and he always has absolutely beautiful fish, as do users Sutee and 1960.

I hope this is helpful!
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:29 PM   #3 
Flaretacious

Thank you GreenTea,
this was very helpful, I will browse through some of the sellers you told me about and check out their bettas. now for the Transhipper, you have to contact them before you buy them correct? is it better to phone them or email them? sorry for these silly questions I just want to do this the right way and not the wrong way. I will probably use Jennifer Viveiros as well. and when you buy them is the transhipper already paid for or you just pay Separate from transhipper to you?
Flaretacious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:31 PM   #4 
Leeniex

I bought from a US seller because it's less complicated.
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:46 PM   #5 
Tisia

Jennifer is really good with e-mails. as long as you use the same name and e-mail address for all your purchases the sellers will send that info to her and she'll just send you an invoice with her fees and shipping charges once they arrive. you can prepay if you prefer, I decided to wait since I kept adding onto my order, lol. you do have to pay the transhipper directly, usually you'll send the seller about $5 for them to ship it to the u.s., and then pay the transhipper the import fees and such and their cost to ship it to you
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:51 PM   #6 
Yaoilover12397

If you want halfmoon plakats go with Korwhord. They just got new stock in which should be in their AB. They're also great to work with.
Yaoilover12397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:45 PM   #7 
GreenTea

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaoilover12397 View Post
If you want halfmoon plakats go with Korwhord. They just got new stock in which should be in their AB. They're also great to work with.

+1

You don't have to contact them beforehand, but I did. After you buy a fish, the seller emails you asking which transhipper you'd like to use. I use email to contact them. I'm sure different transhippers have different preferred ways of doing things, but I think email is mostly accepted as the way to go. They aren't silly questions! I was a nervous wreck for weeks until I got my fish! Especially when the shipment was postponed for a week

Even with DOA's, Korwhord and Jennifer have been great. I bought my fish from Korwhord over a months time and we exchanged probably 30 emails. He likes to help if he has time.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:33 PM   #8 
GreenTea

Thumbs up

Quote:

+1

You don't have to contact them beforehand, but I did. After you buy a fish, the seller emails you asking which transhipper you'd like to use. I use email to contact them. I'm sure different transhippers have different preferred ways of doing things, but I think email is mostly accepted as the way to go. They aren't silly questions! I was a nervous wreck for weeks until I got my fish! Especially when the shipment was postponed for a week

Even with DOA's, Korwhord and Jennifer have been great. I bought my fish from Korwhord over a months time and we exchanged probably 30 emails. He likes to help if he has time.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:35 PM   #9 
Yaoilover12397

@GreenTea when do you think Korwhords new fish will be up?
Yaoilover12397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:38 PM   #10 
GreenTea

Quote:
@GreenTea when do you think Korwhords new fish will be up?
They will be up within 3 days. He got home last night (for me, West Coast here.) Day for him :)