Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-30-2011, 10:47 PM   #1 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Marbles?

I am wanting to breed some marbles and I have some specific ideas in mind for what I am trying to achieve. I have two different spawn idea's and I am looking for advice on how to achieve the best spawns possible.
With my first spawn I am looking to achive red marbles and sunrise colorations. I dont know what color "sunrise " is that's just what I have been calling it. I have a video here so that you can see her colors.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Alk4_Y2j7EI
I am wanting to spawn her to an extended red (red) male pictured here.(Showing torn fins from spawning)

With my other spawn I would like to create blue,yellow and white marbles. I havea royal blue male with yellow and a female blue and yellow marble. I have video of the female here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ansAbvnVPrc
This is her mother
and her father
and the male is pictured here.

Anyone have any idea's what my chances are?
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:02 AM   #2 
MrVampire181

if your red male is a butterfly he'll throw marbles. marbles are fun. just two fish with marble genes will throw a ton of possibilities and patterns. good luck.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:12 AM   #3 
Bambi

Even one parent with marble will throw alot of marbles. It's easy to get into a line, hard to get out.

The blue and yellow pair seems fine. You might get a couple in the colors you want but just remember that marble is unpredictable. the pattern and color change happens when it want to where it wants to no matter what you want xD.
...Ilove that bue and yellow girl in the vid <3 <3 I hope you breed her and get on similar.

For the first pair you'll get alot of multicolors, with a lot of red and red wash. Might be an interesting spawn to watch if you like red xD
The sunrise is Cambodian(lightbody) multicolor.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:40 AM   #4 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Wow a Cambodian multi? I have never heard of that. I really like her color and thanks for letting me know. I wanted to create more like her. and I have no idea of the males genetics :( Maybe I should just get a marble male just for her? I am going to go ahead with the blue and yellow marble spawn we shall see how it goes . I am gonna get the tank ready now
Old 10-01-2011, 06:43 PM   #5 
cajunamy
Banned

I LOVE marbles!!! My first spawn had both marble parents, they were and still are so fun to watch change.

I had a few solids - a couple greens, a couple blues. I also had a couple cellophane/whites but they are starting to get some marbling. The majority are blue or green marbles though
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:46 PM   #6 
Bettas Rule
Banned

That's great! Did you breed the one in your avatar? I LOVE the one in your avatar!
Old 10-02-2011, 12:11 PM   #7 
indjo
TFK Moderator

I double bambi; both on marbles and cambodian - your first female is a cambodian multi .... unfirtunately. IMO cambodians are easy to get, paired with that red you should get some cambodian, extended red and perhaps even orange (theoretically). Unfortunately her blue may ruin the pure redness and make it rather dark or even give your fry irids - something you don't want in reds.

You may want to be careful with the second female.... IDK, but there's something not right about her body - she looks rather "hunched" back, again I'm not sure. I doubt you would get any yellow or white though because the male (I assume) is from a pure blue line - blue is said to be dominant over yellow. Viewing her father, you should get some cellophane, and maybe blue cambodians (flesh body with blue fins). You will definitely get marbles if any of the parents is a marble or even have marble background.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:57 PM   #8 
cajunamy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettas Rule View Post
That's great! Did you breed the one in your avatar? I LOVE the one in your avatar!

No :( I tried once unsuccessfully - he's the one that got me wanting to breed actually. Before I could try to spawn him again, he died. That was my special boy Gumbo
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:08 PM   #9 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by indjo View Post
I double bambi; both on marbles and cambodian - your first female is a cambodian multi .... unfirtunately. IMO cambodians are easy to get, paired with that red you should get some cambodian, extended red and perhaps even orange (theoretically). Unfortunately her blue may ruin the pure redness and make it rather dark or even give your fry irids - something you don't want in reds.

You may want to be careful with the second female.... IDK, but there's something not right about her body - she looks rather "hunched" back, again I'm not sure. I doubt you would get any yellow or white though because the male (I assume) is from a pure blue line - blue is said to be dominant over yellow. Viewing her father, you should get some cellophane, and maybe blue cambodians (flesh body with blue fins). You will definitely get marbles if any of the parents is a marble or even have marble background.

Her body has double tail form with half moon fins, this gives her a hunched back look. I have one of her sisters and she is a perfect double tail and when I compare the bodies they are the same. The breeder told me that with double tails it's very common to lose some form, but all you have to do is breed back to a Betta with good form to get that look out. Having the heavy double tail genes is important for the huge fins though, especially the dorsal fin.
Here is a good example of a half moon with double tail traits.

This Betta also has the same strong double tail traits.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:10 PM   #10 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunamy View Post
No :( I tried once unsuccessfully - he's the one that got me wanting to breed actually. Before I could try to spawn him again, he died. That was my special boy Gumbo
Aw that's sad I am sorry to hear that :(