Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-01-2011, 05:44 PM   #10341 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
I'm sorry but that link is total crap. Pit bulls are NOT the most aggressive breed... not by a long shot.

Pit Bulls are known as nanny dogs. They were bred to be GREAT around people of all ages an in the 20s and 30s they were America's FAMILY dog... much how Labs and Golden Retrievers are thought of today. They were bred to be DOG aggressive and dog aggression DOES NOT EQUAL human aggression. Its only in recent times that poor breeding and lack of socialization has created animals that are unstable.

You wanna know why there are so many pit bull "attacks"???? Because there are MORE of them in lower socio-economic societies around the country. Because thugs and low lives decided that this breed was going to replace the Rottweiler as their status symbol. The statistics are completely skewed.

Take an area and compare bite statistics... in the area there may be 1,000 pit bulls but only 200 chihuahuas and only 500 Labradors... WHO do you think is going to have more bite statistics??? The group with the larger number of animals.

Not to mention.... People mistake and wrongly label dogs as pit bulls all the time. I've seen everything from Labs to Boxers to Rottweilers labeled as pit bulls.. wanna know why??? Because people don't know jack crap about breeds and identifying them and because saying Pit Bull bites Man will get more readers than "Man attacked by dog".

The fact of the matter is.. The "most aggressive breed" used to be the Doberman, then it was the German Shepherd, next it was the Rottweiler, now it's the Pit Bull. What do each of these breeds have in common? They need a lot of training and correct handling to stay out of trouble. They are strong and strong willed breeds and sadly each and every one of them has been maligned due to being picked by the scum of society as the status symbol dog.

Can you pick out the pit bull from these? Be honest.
http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html
True, true, true and more truth!! Thank you, its nice to see someone who gets it. It's been proven the number one dog most likely to bite without considering outside influence is the most beloved Labrador Retriever. I would never own a lab unless I didn't have children. But with my years of dog knowledge, my kids proudly live with a Pitbull. One spayed, trained and socialized Pitbull. I can't agree more with the type of people who normally own these types that ruins the reputation this breed is able to have. Urgh.

My rant, people who waste my time and ask for help, only to throw my help back in my face cause someone else says different than me. Overload your tank, I don't care. It's not my fish. Can't say I didn't try.

Anti rant... I'm broke as a joke but everyone has food and all the stuff they need. Now to pay bills next payday!

Another rant... $200 on snowsuits, boots and hat/gloves for two kids who won't get more than a year out of them. Blagh!! Kids are NOT cheap.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:52 PM   #10342 
diablo13

I get super pissed whenever someone stereotypes a species that can clearly not be that stereotype. Bettas, they have an aggresive insticnt. Dogs only are aggresive if they're abused or scared. And newbies do get slighty annoying. ATTENTION NEWBIES: LISTEN!!!!!
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:18 PM   #10343 
vaygirl

To be fair to the JRT, I was drunk and he was chained up. He had nowhere to go and didn't know me. He spent that whole night in my lap once we were in the house. He was really cute. The owners were trying to keep him away from me but we liked each other. Lol.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:45 PM   #10344 
Leeniex

I blame the owners, but three pits just killed a toddler yesterday near me.
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:14 PM   #10345 
Leeniex

BTW, they had 3 pits locked in a small apartment all the time. It's no wonder the dogs attacked the girl. Wth are people thinking?
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:17 PM   #10346 
doggyhog

I LOVE Old English Sheepdogs...

Thinking about getting one. I just can't find any good breeders or rescues near me.. grrr
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:38 PM   #10347 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeniex View Post
I blame the owners, but three pits just killed a toddler yesterday near me.
If I kept three pits locked up in a small apartment with no exercise or socialization, I'd expect them to harm someone. Pack mentality getting out of control, a game gone into competition and too much excitement. That poor child :( I feel horrible for all involved, including the dogs. One pit should never be in apartment let alone 3, they are high energy dogs. My dog gets a walk everyday and she's old, and still has energy to burn. Sad.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:20 PM   #10348 
1fish2fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo13 View Post
I get super pissed whenever someone stereotypes a species that can clearly not be that stereotype. Bettas, they have an aggresive insticnt. Dogs only are aggresive if they're abused or scared. And newbies do get slighty annoying. ATTENTION NEWBIES: LISTEN!!!!!
Not entirely true. Dog and human aggression has been bred into several breeds and has a big genetic component.

For instance, my dog who is a mixture of god knows what molloser breeds has started to become dog aggressive in her older years. I was expecting it and prepared for it because it's not unheard of for a bully breed to develop DA as it matures. Other breeds are similar.

In breeds like Dobermans and Rottweilers a natural weariness and to some extent aggression towards humans is bred into the dog as the breed was created. Rottweilers were bred as watch dogs and if I'm not mistaken Dobermans were the dogs set on you if you didn't pay your taxes.

That is why it is extremely important to know you're breed and know the temperament type. I want to own a doberman in the future and I will only get one if I can get it as a young puppy because I want to be able to know it was socialized and trained correctly because I know that it has the potential for serious human aggression if brought up the wrong way.

With dogs it's a mixture of nature and nurture... some breeds its more nature, some it's more nurture.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:34 PM   #10349 
Bettawolf19

I can add my 2 cents in with Rotties. :) I grew up with 2 rotties a male and a female. Well the male(Chunk) was 200 some odd pounds and Tasha the female was a lot smaller. they were big giant lap dogs basically. Mind you I was a baby being raised with them and in some ways they raised me as well seeing as Tasha would shove Chunk away if he got to rough and what not. Man i miss them :( and Sadie my Rotties/german shepard mix that passed away a few years ago from bone cancer. I'm not scared of dogs big or small the only dogs I can't stand are the yippy snippy ancle biters -.- because they just annoy me. I rmemeber hearing of stories when chunk would find his way out of the yard just to goa nd sit on the front porch. XD not go anywhere jsut sit ont eh front porch. Sadie was a hoot though. She would sleep with food be it meat or bread. Never ate it just slept with it..unless it was chocolate but hey what female doesn't love chocolate? here's a picture of her and her boot..she had a shoe fetish XD

http://bonsaiwolf19.deviantart.com/g...et=120#/duu1fj
Bettawolf19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:36 PM   #10350 
diablo13

Of course some breeds do have weariness and aggresion bred into them, it's like a Bettas instinct. But most dogs, unless trained or rabid, won't go up ad kill a toddler for the hell of it. Sorry if that cane off as rude, it wasn't suppose to.

Edit: in the first post I meant aggresion to Humans, not other dogs. I know dogs can be aggresive nomatter what there breed. My dog gets free roam of the House and Backyard 14 hours a day( she's sleeping the rest, XD) And 3 walks a day, and she's still a jerk to other dogs. If she likes them, she just ignores them. I've literally had to hold her back from mauling another ( leaseless) dog, and the owner says " Oh, you don't have to do that, my dog is friendly!" -_______-

Last edited by diablo13; 10-01-2011 at 09:41 PM.
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou