Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-02-2011, 11:30 PM   #4431 
Pitluvs

I love your tank Vanah.

Here's my 5g divided. It's a little plain and bare now since I decided to move the boys over with what they had in their small 1.5g. I'll redo this eventually, starting with white gravel next water change and black background. Hope to go more natural but its expensive here.

Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:34 PM   #4432 
bettamaxx

Eclipse Hex 5

DSC02670 by erick joe, on Flickr
bettamaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:40 PM   #4433 
Vanah

Thanks Pitluvs <3

Sparse isn't such a bad thing, I think yours looks fine. The white pebbles and black background sounds awesome though, you could get a really crisp and sharp contrast going with that. Plants really "pop" with white and black as well.

bettamaxx, how's that coconut working out? I've been tempted to get one for my sorority but I'm nervous about tannins and water discoloration.
Vanah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:05 AM   #4434 
Myates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebittyfish View Post
I collected them from my backyard. Store bought driftwood is really expensive here and I wasn't having any luck finding some I liked in store.
It is best to use twigs from hardwood trees like oaks...softwoods like pine will rot very quickly in the tank. I made sure the twigs were well dried out and then I just used a little knife and got the bark off the outside and boiled the twigs for a few hours to release the tannins and water log them. You want to make sure not to collect twigs and branches from anyplace that sprays pesticides.
Thank you, I think I may try that. My mom has some huge oaks in her yard, so may go scavenge some soon! One of my boys loves a full tank of plants more then open space, so wanting to do that with his home.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:17 PM   #4435 
mjoy79

My tanks!

I have finally gotten my tanks situated. I recently set up a divided 20 gal into 4 sections and have John Locke, Justin Furstenfeld, Sawyer and Ross in it. I have it filled only about halfway because 2 of the dividers are a bit low and I need to get stuff added to them so there won't be any divider jumping. I love it - its a great space saver.
I'm thinking of selling my three 2.5 gals that I'm not using now. I also have available heaters and filters for them. I may set up an add in the classified section :)

Next is my 6.6 gal divided into 2 sections. I have 2 fin biters in there - Joey and Jack. I'm keeping that tank super clean because they keep biting (very frustrating!). But I will also be changing decor around and even putting them on the other side to keep things interesting. I'm not sure if they're bored or just going to be chronic biters.

My 10 gallon has 5 girls in it. My sorority is going so well. I love these little girls. They make me giggle at feeding time every day. They're such pigs!
I have Rose, Sun, Libby, Ana Lucia and Juliette.

And last but not least is Chandler in his own 3 gal. I don't have a good pic of his tank from far away. But here is one of him and one of his bubble nests. I think if I put him in a divided tank it would be mad at me. He's got a "betta-tude" as I like to call it. he flares at me when I walk up to his tank. I've had him for almost a year so i spoil him a little bit. :)
Attached Images

mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:57 PM   #4436 
gwenny

So I upgraded one of my betta's tank to a 5gal...long story short, my newest betta was stressed out in the 5gal, but is happy in the 2gal hex...so they switched places xD here are the 2 new setups. My mustard gas betta is still happy in his hex tank

gwenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:13 AM   #4437 
PewPewPew

My tanks are sparse because of an algae attack, lots died :'( Boooo.

Baller in his cup. Baller= perpetually hurting himself on nothing.

Boooo ugly tanks.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:05 AM   #4438 
Monroe

First post, hiya all :)

meet my fish, TLO (The Little One)
I flattened a moss ball so my fish can sleep on top of the Arc de Triomphe, he really enjoys sleeping up there in between the rocks. Overall, I set the tank up so he can swim in and out of mostly anything, and he really loves swimming by the slow flowing current, plus the shrimp like the way it is also

Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:17 AM   #4439 
mjoy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
First post, hiya all :)

meet my fish, TLO (The Little One)
I flattened a moss ball so my fish can sleep on top of the Arc de Triomphe, he really enjoys sleeping up there in between the rocks. Overall, I set the tank up so he can swim in and out of mostly anything, and he really loves swimming by the slow flowing current, plus the shrimp like the way it is also

Beautiful!
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:37 AM   #4440 
missm83

Monroe what a beautiful tank!!!
missm83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, don'tmindmejustatag, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, ihavetoomanybettas, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank