Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-11-2007, 10:18 AM   #1 
jennifer alford

my first betta

i just got a betta and he has not been eating.for three days now. i have since gotten him a new tank and three different types of food none of which he wll eat. he is active in his new tank and swims alot but shows no interest in any of the food i offer.
jennifer alford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 04:46 PM   #2 
Lupin

Location: Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Information Super Highway
Re: my first betta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer alford
i just got a betta and he has not been eating.for three days now. i have since gotten him a new tank and three different types of food none of which he wll eat. he is active in his new tank and swims alot but shows no interest in any of the food i offer.
Welcome to Fishforum.com, Jennifer.

What foods did you use? Bettas often can be fussy with foods. Have you tried bloodworms yet? Minimze feeding bloodworms with it though as excessive feeding can lead to bloat. This could be a good start to prevent him from starving.
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 07:25 PM   #3 
beth36inSC

Newbie too!!

Hey Jennifer, I'm new to betta care as well - I just got a great little female and have her in a 3 gallon tank. She is active, swimming at the surface and seems healthy but mine won't eat either!!! And I've tried both Betta Bits and freeze dried blood worms - she won't touch either. I'm hoping somebody will have some suggestions as I'm a little worried about how long this can go on! Will she just finally eat if she gets hungry enough?? Best wishes to you and your new little friend :)
beth36inSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 08:03 PM   #4 
cyberdude0

the feeding issue i had just got my betta 1 month ago and he

i had just got my betta 1 month ago and he would not eat either so i felt the water and it was cold so i put some room temperature water in thebowl and used this water conditioning for bettas which u can get at the place where u got ur betta or a petplace read the instructions about how much nur suppose to put in the bowl and let it sit 4 about 10 minutes then feed it about 5 or 4 little grains of food try that :D :)
cyberdude0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 05:23 PM   #5 

Your fish is probably just adjusting. Check his water temp. How big is his tank? Don't try and pressure him to eat. :D
3863 is offline   Reply With Quote