Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-05-2011, 08:42 AM   #1 
leciejo

Edward Seems Better, but....

Good morning everyone... To all who helped yesterday, thank you. I bought a heater and went home and did a 25% water change.I used the soda bottle to baffle the filter. Still no change, maybe even worst at 10:00pm. I did 50% water change and left him alone. This morning when I turned the light on he was laying on the bottom as he has been. After getting ready for work, I went to check on him and he was swimming. He's definitely better, but... His colors are still off and faded. He did interact with me a little and tried to eat but spit it out. When he swims, he looks bloated or just not natural, like he's forcing himself from side to side if that makes any sense. I'm going to watch him and keep an eye on his fins. I can't tell if his fins are clamped yet, but let's hope he continues to get better.
leciejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:10 AM   #2 
Myates

Glad to hear he is doing a little better. His coloring will come back once his stress levels are down. Try the garlic juice trick to get him to eat, silly fish.
As for the back and forth, I believe I can imagine what you are saying. Is his stomach extended? If so them we could do an Epsom Salt treatment, if not then I would keep an eye on him today and see how he is doing tomorrow. And if you can get a picture of his stomach that would be helpful =)
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote