Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-22-2011, 07:57 PM   #11 
Gizmothefreaky

Or if you want to put him in your cup holder, you can buy the biggest size 'big gulp' from your nearest gas station and just wash it really well before putting him in it. :) That seems like it would work pretty well to me.
Gizmothefreaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:51 PM   #12 
bettabax

Ooo...good idea Gizmothefreaky. I bet I could just buy the cup and wash it with really hot water before putting him in.
bettabax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:57 PM   #13 
Gizmothefreaky

Yep! No problem. lol I bet you could too, when i worked at a gas station people got empty cups all the time.
Gizmothefreaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:21 PM   #14 
Noemi

i had to transport one of my bettas 3 and a half hours in very hot weather... i kept an insulated cooler full of moderate temperature water, and put floated his cup in it. worked like a charm
Noemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:45 PM   #15 
elijahfeathers

I had to book it out of a place and take a bus 600 miles. I took a milk jug, cut off a section, and cupped my two bettas. I stacked the cups inside the milk jugs and wadded newspaper around them to help keep them warm, dark, and stable.

The made the 600 miles, 22 hour trip with me fine IN THE DEAD OF WINTER. A little pale and stripey at the end of it, but still. I'd reccoened padding them out in half a milk carton. Easy, stable, and if there are little sloshes they stay in the jug.
elijahfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:39 PM   #16 
rockin3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettabax View Post
That's a good idea except I have a Honda CR-V and the seat is kind of high up so I think the cup would slide under my seat which seems like a bad idea. I'm heading home in October for Fall Break so we'll see how the bags work.
Had to reply to this. Do you have one of the original style CR-Vs? If so, do not use the cup holders!!! Ahhh! I cannot tell you how many things I had fall out of the cup holders in that car. Most ridiculous holders ever! lol
Remember how Dawson's dad on Dawson's Creek died? The ice cream in the car? Yeah, I almost reenacted that with a frappe!
rockin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:35 PM   #17 
allilovesherbetta

i used a tubberware container and poked holes in the lid ... it worked fine for me
allilovesherbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:41 PM   #18 
bettabax

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin3 View Post
Had to reply to this. Do you have one of the original style CR-Vs? If so, do not use the cup holders!!! Ahhh! I cannot tell you how many things I had fall out of the cup holders in that car. Most ridiculous holders ever! lol
Remember how Dawson's dad on Dawson's Creek died? The ice cream in the car? Yeah, I almost reenacted that with a frappe!
Yeah, I think it's an original style (it's a 2006). The cup holders work fine for some drinks (the one under the radio is the best one that holds most cups). But I would never trust putting my Betta in them unless I knew the container wouldn't move.
bettabax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:11 PM   #19 
rockin3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettabax View Post
Yeah, I think it's an original style (it's a 2006). The cup holders work fine for some drinks (the one under the radio is the best one that holds most cups). But I would never trust putting my Betta in them unless I knew the container wouldn't move.
Oh nope I mean the 1997 - 2001 version.
That was my college car :P Take a look at the cupholders next time you see one!
rockin3 is offline   Reply With Quote