Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-04-2011, 05:31 PM   #11 
Littlebittyfish

My 29 gallon stays around 81-82 degrees and my betta is a happy guy.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:38 PM   #12 
SassyBetta

lol 1fish2fish yeah i plan on getting some gravle and atleast another plant the tanks a lil small but its all i got and shes gona be the only one in it unless i get a small snail or something later on and the girls here are kinda small looking soo. i might get 2 more plants and try and make or find some small toy or something to make her a lil cave maybe a big shotglass lol i have some fun looking ones from trips lol.

i also never let my fishes food sink, my pellets are itty bitty and float on the top of the water and i feed em one pellet at a time just incase. and im very good at my water changes i have a water storage barrel in my room over in the corner that holds enough water for a full water change at all times. with a heater to maintain temp and an air bubbler to keep the water moving instead of it rotting. so yeah my tanks are soooo clean lol i am unfortunatly not good at spotting sick fish from the store and my new vt pomidor gave himself and my ct who shares the divided 10g with him a bad bad case of finrott. ill be posting pics of that soon :( poor boys
SassyBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:03 PM   #13 
ANHEL123

Fin rot can be treated with more water changes or if it bad with Aquarium salt. Fin rot can be bacterial or fungal. I hope they will recover.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:35 PM   #14 
SassyBetta

yeah i have them on meds at the moment i finish the treatment tomorrow and then im gona follow upwith the AQS and the water changes for a few week and then see how their tails are doing, im gona keep a pic blog about it in this section of the site
Old 10-04-2011, 09:13 PM   #15 
ANHEL123

make sure you get meds out before you start salt treatment. Sometimes medications and salt together can give them irritation. If they got better with meds may be give them rest and just do more water changes. You also can QT(small container) them so it easier for you to make water changes. I am wondering what kind of meds you treating them with. I know very good medications for gram negative and gram positive bacteria.

I know instructions on Aquarium salt treatment if you will need it.

Also like i said before that fin rot can be bacterial or fungal so i think if you can make temperature 78* it better,because the warmer the temperature the better flourish for fungal infections. I learned it from the office where i am working. There is pharmacist who also have bettas and we talk about it all the time.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:41 PM   #16 
GreenTea

Kind of nonspecific here, but I try to keep all my tanks between 78 - 82, my personal experience has shown they do best in that range with proper maintenance.

Also I love your rocks ;]
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:46 PM   #17 
SassyBetta

lol yeah there just lil glass gemmy things lol

and to anhel123 my boys take is always at 77 , the 82 (now around 79 -80) degree tank is my girls take once i get her.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:44 AM   #18 
hmckin20

all of my betta are pretty cool with the 78-84 range. nothing higher though.
hmckin20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:26 PM   #19 
SassyBetta

yeah i have an update on the tank situation in here heres the link lol check it out its sooooooo darn cool !!!!!

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=82852