Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-06-2011, 01:58 PM   #11 
aurasoulful

I know somebody who keeps their pets in they're little containers. He uses rubbing alcohol and fills the jar up all the way and tightly seals the jar lid. Seems to preserve his friends really well. The fluid may darken a bit over time, but they are still hanging out in their jars
aurasoulful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:47 PM   #12 
Sena Hansler

So sorry you lost your betta!!! Do you think it's really the water?? That would be terrible..
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:15 PM   #13 
Larsa

i really think it might be the water or somethin on/in my faucet Also my water heater kinda has a slight odor which I dont think is good... :( Also my shrimp are starting to get milky and they are in their own lil tank! Luckily I have a betta first aid kit! Everyone right now has fresh water and epsom salt :p the shrimps I just gave them clean water LOL they are like 25 cents XD

I would like to go to the same petsmart I got Sakura and Natsuko to try to find a possible relative but I dont know if its too soon for not :/

Last edited by Larsa; 10-07-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Larsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:23 PM   #14 
Larsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurasoulful View Post
I know somebody who keeps their pets in they're little containers. He uses rubbing alcohol and fills the jar up all the way and tightly seals the jar lid. Seems to preserve his friends really well. The fluid may darken a bit over time, but they are still hanging out in their jars

LOL i thought about doing that, by preserving her in a jar with the EZ- water stuff for model scenery water but that would be weird and she died with her mouth wide open 0o0 so that would look even weirder!!! Im glad she was burried. If I had a wish it would be that bettas never got sick, lived 7 years average, or at least I wish that it was super rare for bettas to get sick in general. :(
Larsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:30 PM   #15 
Sena Hansler

Oh I know right?? I noticed, that each betta i owned over the years, the health issues increased and the death rate was higher in the same identical care :( or even better care! My first betta was 7, lived in a bowl, had I think a cut on his side (I dunno from what) so I cleaned his water, added some drops of bettafix and he died overnight. O_O
Now, my newer bettas like Dusk (r.i.p.) had such a weak immune system a simple partial water change killed him... -.- I kinda wish they lived longer too D: and... weren't as susceptible.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:30 PM   #16 
sarahbeth1976

Yes....these precious creatures need to live at least as long as dogs do.
sarahbeth1976 is offline   Reply With Quote