Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-05-2011, 11:18 AM   #21 
Mohan85

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTea View Post
Sorry I know you're bummed you had to move him but that made me laugh! Imagining a little fry taking on everyone...
haha its ok.. today i am gonna go out to look for a small plastic breeders net type thing so i can put him back in with his brothers and sisters course he will not be able to get at them anymore
Mohan85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:01 PM   #22 
Sena Hansler

I'd think it'd also be on the fish... and what changes in their environment and if their environment is big enough. I mean having 20 males in a 10 gallon (about 1.5 inches each) would be a bit skeptical (to me anwyays 'lest you can do it xD) but if they were in a 30 gallon, I'd see it being more plausible... just my opinion :)
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:01 PM   #23 
MrVampire181

In larger tanks they maintain the peace but in smaller tanks they become aggressive earlier.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:10 PM   #24 
Punki

Mine were turning aggressive at 2 months so i moved them to a larger space and now all but 1 are peaceful at 3 months. The aggressor was just like yours, just flaring and taking on EVERYONE, hed taken claim of an ammonia reader stuck to the corner of the tank and nobody could come near it without getting nips. I removed him and the rest are all peaceful and calm now :)
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:40 PM   #25 
Mohan85

He has rejoined his brothers and sisters, YAY... i found a floating breeders container at petsmart, lol... btw i have decided to name him Aggro
Attached Images

Last edited by Mohan85; 10-05-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:52 PM   #26 
Punki

Aw adorable babies you got there! Growing very nicely! Glad you could rejoin him :D
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:56 AM   #27 
Mohan85

hmm with this one isolated in the tank i'm begining to see alot of nipped fins! wonder if there is another bully in the tank! or i think i may just have an aggressive spawn.. their dad was super aggressive, so i guess this shouldn't come as a suprise -___- i'm gonna post a video of them soon..

Last edited by Mohan85; 10-06-2011 at 02:08 AM.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:38 PM   #28 
Sena Hansler

LOL maybe :) it's possible! Just make sure it's not too aggressive really. Usually they sort things out but if they won't you'll have to remove the aggressors soon
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:56 PM   #29 
Mohan85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
LOL maybe :) it's possible! Just make sure it's not too aggressive really. Usually they sort things out but if they won't you'll have to remove the aggressors soon
yea hopefully its just play fights.. i don't feel like jarring a bunch of them right now when they're still kinda small.. even tho i see many nipped fins.. i dont actually see the fights.. so i guess its not so bad, but this tells me i'm gonna need to work on my betta drip system ASAP! i already bought a shelf and a water pump.. now gotta start building the pipes and stuff.. oh god, so much to do and so much to buy -____- hopefully it pays off