Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-05-2011, 08:36 PM   #1 
quyllur

New girls!

Well, my tank is just about ready, probably another week will see it there so I picked up my girls today, QT for a week and a half will see me adding them next weekend when I'll be home to watch them. They are all teeny tiny, only about 2-3 months old so I'm told. They don't have names yet and I just brought them home today so please excuse the dull colours. Also, the water looks kind off murky but it's mostly the lighting. The water is actually fairly clean, enough so that I think I'll give them a day to de-stress before I clean it up.
I have 6 girls, two solid reds, a blue(ish), and 3 cambodians (1 marbly red fins, 1 sort of dark fins that are an indeterminate colour right now, and the teeniest one has orange-gold fins (so cute!))

Anyways...here are pictures!

The slightly duller of the reds:

The blue-ish one (stressed right now, had stripes when I got her out of the bag, still slightly there)

Cambodian with (kinda red I guess) indeterminate coloured fins

Marbly-fins (Calling her Dexter for now...looks like a serial killer)

And my fave, Little Orange
quyllur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:48 PM   #2 
quyllur

Wow, I had placed a towel over them to help them de-stress while I posted the above and just went to take a peek and already their colours are more vibrant! The blue actually looks blue-turqoise! She's gorgeous! And the indeterminate coloured fins are definitely red but with a hint of blue at the edges. And the marble finned one has a white shimmer to the clear parts of her fins! Very pleased with my girls!
Old 10-05-2011, 09:14 PM   #3 
MMAsac
Banned

great finds!!! beautiful girls you got!
MMAsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:52 PM   #4 
quyllur

So you can see from my signature that I've given them all names. Thought I'd throw up a few more photos as I got couple of alright ones, including one of Garnet, who I neglected to show in my first post. Poor Garnet!

Here is Garnet. The most obvious difference between her and Holly is that Holly has a split in her tail. Not enough to make her a doubletail and I don't know if it's permanent, but for now it is a good distinguishing mark.

Here's a nice one of Ea:

And little Aiko (SO CUTE!)

And here is a pic of the girls floating in their tank keeping nice and warm and toasty:

(Worry not! If the plants don't grow in enough by the time the girls go in, I'll throw in a few more!)
Old 10-08-2011, 12:23 AM   #5 
GreenTea

I'd throw in like, minimum of 15 more! Depending on how much coverage they provide. Your girls are really pretty :)

I was told 80-90% of the tank should be covered, mine has about 65% coverage but all the plants are tall and there are only 5 girls in a 20 gallon with lots of hiding spots. It's a little hard to tell from your photo, does your tank supply hidey holes? Good luck with your sorority! They are awesome.
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:57 AM   #6 
quyllur

Yah, I'm thinking of getting rid of the moneywort and grabbing something else. It and the vals (which you can't see, but they atleast are getting some growth) have been in the tank the longest and they aren't really doing much. I'll probably get some more water sprite, as it's my current favorite and the one that is doing the best in my tank. I'll see what I can find tomorrow.

I have seven caves for my 6 girls. Each of those black blobs is a cave with the one in the middle being a 3-cave complex.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:14 AM   #7 
TequilatheBetta

The tank is beautiful! and so are the girls :)
TequilatheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote