Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-07-2011, 01:06 AM   #21 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan13 View Post
Pitluvs you should get the senegal! He sounds so adorable!
He truly does adore me, and its sweet because I have never considered a bird before and he has my heart. But sadly I cannot afford a $2300 pet at the moment and I have small children. Senegals are known to bond to one person and become agressive and possessive and I can't have that around my kids or other pets. The Inn is full lol It's sad because he's been there for a few years now, no one will ever buy him. I say it will be another 15yrs before I can get a pet bird.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:59 PM   #22 
MoePaac

I enjoy fish, but birds have a special place in my heart.

ALL cockatoos are hormonal and unpredictable. This includes Galahs, rosebreasted, etc. As a matter of fact, Galah's and Goffin's tend to be fairly nippy. Goffin's in particular are HUGE bundles of energy; keep this in mind. I would not recommend a cockatoo as a first parrot.

GCC (green cheek) tend to be quieter, but realize that all conures are fairly loud as well. This is a general rule. Sure, some may not be as vocal as others, but it happens. Sun conures are particularly known for being loud.

Another thing to consider. When you first get an animal, we are generally all about them and give them constant attention. A parrot will then expect this attention throughout it's life. When that attention cannot be given, say 2 or 3 years down the road, they will scream for attention. Sometimes they even pluck their feathers. This is how many of the problems arise. Just keep this in mind.

I must also highly encourage you to check out parrot rescues. There are thousands of birds in rescues across the world. They do not all have issues, and many were just given up because the newness wore off. Please see if there are any in your area. It is so rewarding to bring a rescue animal into your home.
MoePaac is offline   Reply With Quote