Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-08-2011, 02:09 PM   #4491 
Littlebittyfish

Thanks!
I believe they were mega bloks? My nephew has a few 18 gallon plastic containers full of mixed lego peices...so I decided to use a few..haha..I didn't think my fish were going to like them so well, so I wasn't planning on keeping them...but my fish really love them so I might end up keeping them in there.I got the idea from the DIY thread.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:35 PM   #4492 
bahamut285

Oh nice! I used to have loads of megabloks as a kid XD
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:22 PM   #4493 
Littlebittyfish

Heres my 10 gallon..I moved some stuff around.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:26 PM   #4494 
Aluyasha

Beautiful 10 gallon!
What fish are in it?
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:32 PM   #4495 
Littlebittyfish

I have a yellow betta Picasso in there with 3 corydoras and a ghost shrimp.My betta is at the top left side looking face on.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:23 PM   #4496 
Aluyasha

Oh I see him! lol
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:43 PM   #4497 
BettaMiah

I found him aswell!

So, although I do not have a picture, here is a little description of what my 2.5 gallons will look like-

They will be planted, I anticipate getting some moss balls when I have enough money.
I will have a black bacround on both of them
Black sand
ancient-ruins theme. With an old aged bridge and a cool little hut thing that looks old.

I also think I will be getting rid of my bright blue and bright purple plants. I want it too look kind of natural and I don't want anything to drown out my Betta's color.
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:47 PM   #4498 
Listener75

My betta homes...

A 5Gallon tank with a divider started just for Taeo (halfmoon mustard color male) betta (at right tank). He has a nerite snail as a temporary roommate, as I switch him from tank to tank when algae builds up. As you can see, the plants are still growing! On the left side, there is no betta yet. I just have shrimps in there for now with live plants. I just bought a Plakat "dragon scale", who knows if it's real but he is really cute so I bought him anyways. He is isolated in a critter box just to make sure he is not sick before I put him into the left side tank. I hope he will do well with the shrimps! We will see... Will keep updated!
Attached Images

Listener75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:20 PM   #4499 
Listener75

My pets and their home..

Pic 1: meet Tor (Plakat)
Pic 2: meet Taeo (halfmoon male)
Pic3: my fluvo tank with espei fishes
Attached Images

Listener75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:28 PM   #4500 
ArcticRain

Quote:
Originally Posted by missm83 View Post
yea im having prob with it..i baffled mine with a plastic soda Battle..it was working good till i went and change the filter in it and now i cant get it right and it seems to strong for him..i had to take it out ..if you dont mind taking a pic of it how you did it with the sponge ..maybe i can try it...
( i have cats so i know all about the hair!! lol)

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond! I have been so busy! I have taken in a new foster dog that i have been having a lot of trouble with! Anyway, here is a picture of how i baffled it!

What i used is not Aquarium Sponge because my stupid pet store doesn't carry it. But i do think Sponge is what you should use!
What i did is, i wedged the Sponge in the outflow as tight as i could get in in there. Then i put the filter cartridge on top of it. The cartridge will not go all the way down, that is ok. Next, i put another peice of sponge in the the thing that puts water on top of the cartridge. It takes some trial and error, but now there is no water flow!

Sorry again it took so long to post!
ArcticRain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank