Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-09-2011, 11:54 PM   #11 
Sakura8

Do you think you could get a pic of his head again? I'm inclined to think the red on his head is normal coloring because if the tetracycline didn't treat it, it probably would have spread or gone internal and he would be a very sick boy. My cambodian HM has big splotches of red on his head so it's not uncommon. But I'm glad he's acting normal and it's good his fins aren't bloody.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:28 AM   #12 
Larsa

here are some shots. I got a good pic of him from the upside and one of him and his reflection. Lolz Izume is prolly embarrassed at his fin rot, you can kinda see how its starting to grow back. I am using tetracycline and aq salt.
Attached Images

Larsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:27 PM   #13 
Sakura8

Hmm. Actually it does still look like septicemia a little. Or maybe the septicemia left permanent marks. Based on his gorgeous pearl coloring, he doesn't really look like the kind that would have natural red markings on his head so I do think you are right, it is related to the septicemia somehow. But it doesn't seem to be bothering him. Since he's still on tetracycline and AQ salt, if he does have a problem, both of those should help to clear it up. If, after treatment, it doesn't go away but it doesn't get worse or affect him at all, then I would say it may be scarring or something like that.

He is so darn handsome. I really love that pearly color of his.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote