Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-09-2011, 08:47 PM   #1 
titusthebetta

New Guy

So I found your standard red VT at Petco, and he definitely had attitude! I found him flaring at his neighbor, even though he's only 2 or 3 inches at the most, and his cup had a bubble nest. When I picked him up, he seemed happy to see me, and when I put him down he was NOT happy, then continued to flare at his neighbor again. I knew he wanted to come home with me at that point. :P

I haven't named him yet, and I guess I'm sort of hesitant after Claude. I don't really have any good pictures of him yet, but I was able to feed him a couple pellets (one of which he spit up soon after, but I was proud of him), and I played a game with him (basically chasing his reflection around in a mirror). I even think I see a bubble nest in the back of his tank. :)

So yeah, a standard red VT, paid $4, but I'm hoping for the best. He's pretty spunky, but I can't find a name that suits him. I'll post pictures once I get some good ones.
titusthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:52 AM   #2 
Hmongol

Quote:
Originally Posted by titusthebetta View Post
So I found your standard red VT at Petco, and he definitely had attitude! I found him flaring at his neighbor, even though he's only 2 or 3 inches at the most, and his cup had a bubble nest. When I picked him up, he seemed happy to see me, and when I put him down he was NOT happy, then continued to flare at his neighbor again. I knew he wanted to come home with me at that point. :P

I haven't named him yet, and I guess I'm sort of hesitant after Claude. I don't really have any good pictures of him yet, but I was able to feed him a couple pellets (one of which he spit up soon after, but I was proud of him), and I played a game with him (basically chasing his reflection around in a mirror). I even think I see a bubble nest in the back of his tank. :)

So yeah, a standard red VT, paid $4, but I'm hoping for the best. He's pretty spunky, but I can't find a name that suits him. I'll post pictures once I get some good ones.
cant wait for it!
Hmongol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:44 AM   #3 
titusthebetta

Okay, I've had him for two days and he seems to be pretty well adjusted. Every time he sees me, he thinks I'm going to feed him. :P I've also came up with a name to fit his vanity: Nero.

Despite his love for himself, he's absolutely camera shy. But here's a couple pics I managed to get of him.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
titusthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote