Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-11-2011, 12:43 PM   #1 
MistersMom

My tank and bowls!

please no rude comments. i don't need them, and tell me honstly what you think about them too!(without being rude!)
Attached Images

MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:20 PM   #2 
cajunamy
Banned

I am noticing you put please no rude comments on alot of your posts - if anyone is being rude you should report it to a moderator. But alot of times the fact of the matter is that on many threads (and I'm not solely talking about you here) experienced members of the forum will reply with simple facts, and some people (again not only you) will take it as rudeness when it is simply trying to inform.

That said, onto your actual thread :)

The tank looks ok :) I would replace the plants with silk if you ever can, and take out that cup with the door cut. It's a good idea in theory, but I am worried your fish will cut their fins on the sharp corners of the door :(

The bowl is cute! It seems small though, but that doesn't concern me as much as I would like to know if you keep it heated and maintain the water quality.

The vase, I just don't like at all. It's tall, which is not great for bettas. They like shallow, long bowls/tanks rather than tall skinny things. Since they are air-breathers and all. Also seems small.
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:25 PM   #3 
Princess Penny

Call me rude but I would get something bigger for the last three bettas. It's hard to tell how big that second tank is, but the bowl and vase are too small in my opinion. The 3 gallon critter keepers are a good, cheap alternative to tiny bowls and vases, and you can put a heater in them.
Princess Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:26 PM   #4 
MistersMom

it may be, i have alot of rocks in the vase... i do plan on replaceing the plants too, the bowl is not all that small its about a gal, i clean their bowls 50% on mondays and 100% on thursday... and no they arent heated but my thermometers say 75... the tank is heated though, they are also in thw warmest part of the house...and thx for the bowl being cute thingy!

right now i have a vase, 1 gal,a bowl, 1 gal, a kritter keeper 1.5 gal, and a tank 10 gal. your not being rude.i'm selling the second and last fish, and then getting a divider, or another tank. i really want two 5 gal. tanks instead of splitting my 10 gal. and i'd get both of the tanks a heater of course but i like the 5 gals better than the 10, with dividers... idk y. and the blue bowl thingy, well he is way up front its acruallt a good sized bowl it may be 2, but i've never measured it sooo idk.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 10-17-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:32 PM   #5 
Princess Penny

75 is pretty low for a betta :\ The general rule of thumb is at LEAST 76. That bowl is probably more like a 1/2 gallon. For anything under 2 gallons you should be doing more water changes than that, I do one 50% and one 100% per week with my smaller tank and that's 3 gallons. I would suggest 50% every other day, and one 100% per week at least with bowls/vases that small.

Bettas also generally prefer more cover/places to hide/explore than you have. I would suggest a few more plants.

I know what you mean, I never really had much luck with divided tanks either. Like I said, the 3 gallon critter keepers are great little tanks for bettas! I think they also come in 6 gallons. I would suggest some of those for sure. I love mine.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 10-17-2011 at 03:50 PM.
Princess Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:42 PM   #6 
MistersMom

yes,at the least i do that amount of tank changes, i don't actually have a schedule, but i just walk by thwm and think "hm... they may need a water change" then i do so. and i forgot the mention, that purple cup, i took a lighter to all the sharp edges and meltr=ed them down to a smooth nothing.