Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-07-2011, 10:45 PM   #11 
Campbell

Thanks for the response. I'm wondering why raising the water level would help her though? If she can't swim two inches, how could she swim four? She's finally stopped eating. I put the pellet right down in front of her or dangle a bloodworm in front of her with tweezers. Still nothing. :(
Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:10 PM   #12 
Campbell

I know this thread is old, but I wanted to update it. It might help someone else, and itll help me keep track of progress/deteriation.

I started an epsom salt treatment today. I also moved her to a very small container with 1.5 inches of water. I did this mainly because she hasn't eaten much in several days(just a bloodworm yesterday), and I want her to conserve her energy.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:31 PM   #13 
Campbell

She is still alive 24 hours after first epsom salt treatment. However, she seems worse. She lays her bottom half on the bottom of the tank whil the top half floats up.... I'm in the process of slowly raising the temp.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:43 PM   #14 
Pataflafla

How high of a dose of epsom salt are you using? I know it can safely go up to 3 tsp/gal.

This might be an end of life thing for her though since she's fairly old for a betta.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:51 PM   #15 
Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pataflafla View Post
How high of a dose of epsom salt are you using? I know it can safely go up to 3 tsp/gal.

This might be an end of life thing for her though since she's fairly old for a betta.

I used 2.5 tsp to premix a gallon. I know it could be an end of life thing, but I'm worried it might not be. Therefore, there might be something to prevent it. If she hasn't improved or is still struggling in two days, I am going to seriously condiser euthanasia.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:57 PM   #16 
Campbell

I took off the glass cover and added a wet towel instead. She seems to be more active now. She still is bend in apperance, but she is more responsive. This cover makes the air much more humid, so does that mean it could be a labyrinth injury causing her problems? I know it is far fetched, but I don't know what else would be improved with more humid air.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:10 PM   #17 
Pataflafla

I wonder what would cause a labrynth injury though. I don't think a water change would hurt her at all other than a bit of stress.

I guess just keep things extra humid for her and see if she improves more with it than she already has.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote