Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-08-2011, 09:53 PM   #121 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creat View Post
I see no change actually but I havent added meds yet only the full does of aq salt the temp is going up my heater has been fighting the house temp which is at 62* its made it to 80* and going up.
Wow cold house lol. My fish room is at 84*. I noticed my fish were all much more energetic and healthier in the warmer room and with the new oak leaves I put in. I will be praying to the fish gods to protect your spawn my friend.
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 12:54 AM   #122 
Creat

Ha ha I know I hate it I wear more sweaters then normal people :( the fish room is actually 5* hotter then the rest of the house due to me keeping it enclosed... I have spent more money then normal people on tank heaters.
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 02:36 AM   #123 
Bettas Rule
Banned

I use heat lamps. I took a large walk in closet and made it into my fish room. I used a strong plant light and hung it off the hanger rack. It's close enough to the spawning tanks for good infusoria growth. Then I have 2 other small lamps that I have on as well. As long as I keep the door shut I can maintain 84* 86* and the room is large enough to house all of my Betta and spawn for many spawns to come. I would recommend this technique even using a heat light instead of a normal light in the ceiling.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:27 PM   #124 
Creat

So far I havent gotten much response on raising the temp ... should I start medicating or continue waiting...
Old 10-11-2011, 09:35 PM   #125 
slonline

Quote:
So far I havent gotten much response on raising the temp ... should I start medicating or continue waiting...
What's the water temp, now? If you still see a lot of that white spots on your fries, then its time to start "ick" medication.

Fries are very delicate, so I suggest doing half the dosage. DO NOT OVER dose!!! And you must follow the instruction!!! Other wise you will end up with worst result.
slonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:45 PM   #126 
Creat

Yeah I know thats why I am waiting as long as possible and it waives at 80* to 82* and I cant get it any higher, some are just mostly clamped with a few spots.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:29 PM   #127 
slonline

Quote:
Yeah I know thats why I am waiting as long as possible and it waives at 80* to 82* and I cant get it any higher, some are just mostly clamped with a few spots.
Sounds like they get a slight bit better?
slonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:17 AM   #128 
Bettas Rule
Banned

I would medicate Just use a half dose
Old 10-12-2011, 04:18 AM   #129 
Punki

Fry are delicate but not TOO delicate. Id go for the half dose as well in your situation. I know my fry have withstood water temp changes, 72 degree water, being sucked through tubes a few times, ect. They are alot less delicate then i initially had in mind at least. Wishing you the very best, keep us updated :)
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:25 AM   #130 
Creat

Mkay I will give them a does of ich meds today we will see how it goes.