Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-12-2011, 10:30 AM   #11 
Micho

If it's the impeller see if you can take the filter apart, and rinse the impeller with hot water and see if there's any debris trapped there to see if it is the impeller making the noise.

If that doesn't work, you'll have to get a new filter or just try to sleep with the noise.

The whisper doesn't take that much space, I could fit with my heater next to it.
Micho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:34 AM   #12 
Kiaooh

Alrighty, I think I'll go ahead and order the Whisper, then. Other problem... my heater definitely doesn't work. At all. It does not emit heat. I am officially unimpressed with Big Al's. This starter kit sucks.

Are there any affordable replacements you could recommend as far as heaters go? Ten gallon.

Almost done with the questions, I swear. As soon as I actually get this stupid tank up and running. Again, Micho, thanks so much for all your advice. You're like a guardian angel. For my fish. Or something.
Kiaooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:19 PM   #13 
Micho

Okay, since you're ordering the Whisper get the Tetra Whisper 20i, it's always better to double the filtration capacity! Meh, what starter kit did you buy, name please? Heater I would say Elite Heater 50 watts, though it's a bit pricey, go check out other brands are adjustable, heaters that can adjust are the best kinds, I say steer clear of Top Fin and Tetra heaters.

Haha, feel free to ask any questions! Getting tanks up and running cost money and time, but it's worth it in the end!
Old 10-12-2011, 08:09 PM   #14 
Kiaooh

UGH. Amazon won't ship the SafeStart to Canadians? What is this uuuuuuurgh

Any idea where else I can order it from? I can get the filter at Walmart... it's just twice the price. .__.
Kiaooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:33 PM   #15 
Micho

Where in Canada do you live? Try finding SafeStart at PetSmart I know for sure that they carry it there, cause mine does.

Hrm. . I have a brand new Tetra Whisper 10i filter handy, because I took it back to PetSmart for a refund because it output got really weak for some reason. Filter, I've seen it at PetSmart also, so yeah. . .

Try any LPS, PetCo, PJ's Pets, Big Al's (my favorite store), etc.