Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-13-2011, 12:04 AM   #1 
carzz

How many of you would get/ have gotten a betta tattoo?

Don't hate me if I like tattoos and you don't, I know lots of people who hate on just the idea of Tats. But I have one, and I really want another, I'd love to get one on the top of my foot, of a betta fish.
No, I don't want to know ur comment if it's along the lines of "tattoos are supposed to be meaningful, not something random or stupid"...
I've had my mind on this for a long time, and these little critters are meaningful to me. They are the ones who will always make me smile after a crap filled day at work. The make me grin when I'm away, and sad. They are the best things in my life, and I'm proud of them and greatful to be their momma. So no, it wouldn't be a meaningless tattoo at all.
I'm just wondering, do any of you have a betta/ fish tattoo? Would you ever get one?
carzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:23 AM   #2 
Pitluvs

I actually have an online member drawing me a tattoo of Ben, my first boy of the crew I have now. He'll be the centerpiece for my hopeful half sleeves I plan on getting! I have two small tattoos now, but between the pets and kids, I haven't gone back for a long time lol
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:27 AM   #3 
Mars788

honestly, I've never even considered it. Now that I have...Huh. I kinda think it'd be cool to have one of Dol maybe by my shoulderblade???
Mars788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:37 AM   #4 
Pitluvs

Bettas are very beautiful creatures, with the flowing fins and none that look alike. People have been using Koi for years in tattoos, and Bettas are just as gorgeous and just as unique! Besides, it would be awesome for someone to notice and ask, starts a Betta convo!
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:46 AM   #5 
carzz

Im glad I'm not he only one!! After I get my other tattoo touched up, i will look ion pricing, and shops, see who cam make the best and most realistic looking, and seriously consider it. :)
Old 10-13-2011, 12:57 AM   #6 
purplemuffin

I've always considered getting a tattoo with a variety of animals and plants. They are pretty awesome. I would wait to do it myself, as I prefer the realistic animal tattoos. I know it's going to cost me at least 1000 dollars to get what I want to get at the quality I want(at a nice size too) :) It would include a betta(probably a halfmoon plakat!), some reptiles like a beautiful snake and a blue tree monitor, some of my favorite plant species(which right now are succulents, but I am branching out) and just in general some favorite animals in a beautiful design showing how much nature kicks butt! :D

I know the guy I want to get it from, but it won't be for several years. I've got a few other more sentimental tattoos I want to get first, and this will come after that. (and after I have a career!)

I think of a tattoo as an artistic and beautiful way to keep a cherished memory alive that you want to carry with you to the grave. Even silly tattoos can be that in a way. It's a constant reminder of who you were the day you got the tattoo. What sort of humor you liked. What movie you and your friends loved enough to get matching tattoos to show it. You might not like that movie later, people do change, but you liked it then, and there is no reason to forget that sort of thing. We all used to be kids, and we grow up. :D I think people need to put serious thought into their tattoos though, I don't always like it when people just get tattoos of the flash art they see on the wall. You won't remember that as much, you know? As cute as little stars are, after 30 years, will you really remember what each star symbolizes? They are just stars, like the millions in our sky, they start to blend together. I think stars symbolizing important people should take more thought--maybe your sister grew up to be a florist, your father loves koi, your mother loves to write novels... That is where I think good tattoo inspiration comes from! :) But that's just me!

But of course, I see two reasons for tattoos. I like the ones that have meaning--but some just don't, and there is nothing wrong with that. It's art, it just happens to be on your body. I want to get a fine art tattoo of the piece "summer" by Alphonse Mucha! It doesn't represent anything. I just love the art work, and I love the artist. :) It is a piece I would not mind seeing forever. And the regular tattoo 'style' is a form of art that a lot of people like. So I don't see anything wrong with just getting a beautiful or cool tattoo. You just gotta acknowledge it for what it is!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:03 AM   #7 
carzz

Lol, my tattoo is a star :P
Old 10-13-2011, 02:52 AM   #8 
Aluyasha

I have 17 tattoos right now and am also having a member on BettaFish drawing my Betta Abacus for me to go on my lower left arm. :)
I am sure it will not be the last tattoo either. lol
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:55 AM   #9 
elijahfeathers

Honestly I don't think bettas are a strange choice. Fish have been popular as tattoos for ages... don't see why a betta would be any different. lol xD
elijahfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:57 AM   #10 
purplemuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzz View Post
Lol, my tattoo is a star :P
I mostly meant for the people(like one of my friends) who got 35 stars, each one supposed to 'be' someone she knows! @_@ but..35?! All over her body? Some of these people she's known for barely a week too... It's..well. Hm.
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote