Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-11-2011, 02:13 PM   #81 
purplemuffin

I'm so sorry. :( At least he is no longer suffering! Poor boy! You did your best, and made him feel especially comfortable during his life and I'm sure he appreciated it!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:51 PM   #82 
shemumbles

Thanks Purplemuffin. I'm so sad. I really did try to do right by him. I just wish I had made the choice to keep his light off maybe that would have made the difference. I feel like a fish murderer!
shemumbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:54 PM   #83 
purplemuffin

It could have just been he was too damaged internally already.. We can't really take them to the vet to get surgery and xrays! Whatever was hurting his outsides could have also been hurting his insides as well. :( <3 So don't beat yourself up about it. You did the best you could to make him comfortable and get him better, but there is only so much we can do.
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:38 PM   #84 
LittleBettaFish

So sorry that Tom didn't make it. Purplemuffin is right, there is often internal damage going on that we can't predict without doing an autopsy.

Bacterial infections can be difficult to diagnose and treat. I have lost a handful of fish to accidents that were my fault, but in this instance, you did everything you could even with the absymal advice of LFS employees.

Most fish owners wouldn't have bothered seeking advice or attempting treatment. Tom was very fortunate he had someone willing to go that extra mile for him. So sorry for your loss Shemumbles.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:00 PM   #85 
Miyazawa

I'm so sorry for your lost :( You did everything possible so don't beat yourself up just because you didn't turn the light off. He's a real fighter but then at least now he's not suffering anymore. I hope you recover soon because there's a lot more bettas waiting for you to rescue since you went over and beyond to help Tom.
Miyazawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:23 PM   #86 
Sakura8

I'm so sorry, shemumbles. You really did a heroic job treating Tom and I doubt he would have made it this far if it wasn't for your great care. You really made a difference in Tom's life and I know he knew he was loved.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:51 PM   #87 
shemumbles

Thanks again everyone. Your comments are very much appreciated.
shemumbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:49 PM   #88 
GreenTea

I'm really sorry that Tom didn't make it. It's tough to lose them, especially when you're doing everything you can and they hang on for awhile...Hopefully you'll stick around any maybe try again.
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote