Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-14-2011, 06:48 PM   #11 
Ajones108

Oh God thanks Vaygirl! Fixing it now!
Ajones108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 06:50 PM   #12 
vaygirl

They have labyrinth organs just like our bettas so yeah, bubbler not necessary. You'll see them shoot to the top now and then for air. Like little arrows. Like Little said, that bit probably won't kill them outright but being new and under stress already, I wouldn't chance it. They're sensitive lil guys all around.
You're welcome!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 06:51 PM   #13 
GreenTea

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaMiah View Post
They have no scales?

Okay i'm wrong. OOPS! Sorry, screw everything I said. Get them out!!!

I'm not trying to be a jerk or derail this thread but can I ask you why you are giving advice on this when you don't know what's going on? I have seen this a lot lately and it's dangerous for members, especially new ones looking for advice! That sounds harsh, I'm sorry, I just would never advise someone on a life or potential death matter without knowing anything about the fish.
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 06:54 PM   #14 
hedgehog

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTea View Post
but can I ask you why you are giving advice on this when you don't know what's going on?
I've said this same thing in another thread about cories. Why do you always discourage people from getting cories for their tanks and don't listen to people who give you advice about the way you keep your cory?

Not trying to be mean just genuinely curious because I've told you about your cory in two other threads and you never respond to me BettaMiah.
hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 06:58 PM   #15 
BettaMiah

Well I have Cory Catfish, so.... But otherwise i don't give advise without knowing.

Huh? What about Kia?
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:10 PM   #16 
hedgehog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaMiah View Post
Well I have Cory Catfish, so.... But otherwise i don't give advise without knowing.

Huh? What about Kia?
You can keep fish without knowing about them. Plenty of people prove that when they first come here asking questions about their sick betta in the half gallon tank.

You used to say that one cory needs a minimum of 20 gallon tank at least now you say that four cories need 20 gallons to shoal. You say that they are very active and grow to be 4 inches. All cory species are different and the cories that people get from petsmart and petco aren't particular active. I know because I have four of them that I've had for two years. The only cory species that grows to be four inches is the Brochis splendens which isn't even a cory. I have posted twice that I believe that's what you have. They are often mislabeled at stores as cories and people still call them cories even though they've been proven to be a different genus. Even so the Brochis splendens still needs to be kept in groups. A solitary member of the family that both these and cories are from will be lonely, depressed, stressed out, more prone to illness, exhibit abnormal behaviors, and have a decreased life span.

You have never responded to any of my posts where I point this out. I feel like sometimes people ignore post numbers for actual knowledge and since I don't post a lot no one takes my information seriously even though I care for and spawn cories very successfully.
hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:16 PM   #17 
BettaMiah

I just haven't seen them.

My cory is called a like green emerald one?

Looks like this-

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._1330962_n.jpg

Actually that is her. She really likes to swim, and loves algea wafers and sometimes finds and eats leftover food. She seems very healthy and active.

Can you inform me on proper care, then?
Old 10-14-2011, 07:17 PM   #18 
Ajones108

It's okay guys, it was an honest mistake. :) Its something that happens on forums like this and I don't blame him for this happening, it's why I posted up waiting for a second opinion or three. When Vaygirl posted though I KNEW that I had someone reliable who really knew what was going on.

In a forum like this when you ask for information regarding a fish OTHER than bettas you DO run the risk of inaccurate information. And I understand this. But don't flame them for it. :) It was an honest mistake. I did a water change on my betta tank to prepare for the cories and they are now successfully drip acclimating into the heavily planted with driftwood betta tank. :) Pictures will come soon.
Ajones108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:22 PM   #19 
Sena Hansler

Any scaless aquarium animals have a low tolerance of salt. Yes they can tolerate a small amount for a short time but it is highly recommended they be quarantined by themselves, or not in a brackish/salt water aquarium because of that :)

And Hedgehog... maybe I'll be asking you about my albino cory cat soon then lol!
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:25 PM   #20 
BettaMiah

:/ I'm sorry. The only 2 fish I really know about is Bettas and Goldfish.