Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-14-2011, 08:10 PM   #41 
hedgehog

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
It's best to do research first before spouting off information that isn't true.
I hope this isn't in regards to me because I definitely did my research. I've made sure that my tank sizes are at least large enough for the cories I have and when I move into my own apartment I plan on getting a larger tank. I researched lots of different foods especially since mine are picky kittys. I researched spawning before, mostly cursory but very thoroughly after they happened to spawn which was an accident the first time, and every time actually. I also make sure that Thing 1 gets the proper nutrition she needs after every 'accident'
hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:11 PM   #42 
Ajones108

Oh Vaygirl I don't mind a bit. I think the pictures are beautiful. :D
Ajones108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:12 PM   #43 
BettaMiah

She eats some of Beaus Goldfish Flakes, Algae Wafers, Various vegetables, Shrimp Pellets, etc...

My parents do NOT want a larger tank. I could talk to them about getting possibly a 30 or 40 gallon, but...

Do you think a common Goldfish, a Pleco, and 4 Cories could live the rest of their lives in a 30 gallon?

My aunt and uncle offered me a free 55 gallon but it would come with the Goldfish they have now.

Maybe you could help me write a research paper on them (Including Goldfish and Plecos please?) On the proper care of them to persuade them to say yes? If i just go up and ask I am 100% sure they will say no.

I want to fix the mess I have created. I feel awful.
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:14 PM   #44 
hedgehog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
-explains why mine does that- well he was the only one and there still aren't any in!!! >< can you mix cories?? I got an albino cory who is just a wee guy :)
Sorry Sena I seemed to miss this post. You shouldn't mix cories because they will only school out of necessity. It's important to know what species of albino your catfish is. My albino is sometimes left out of the school and I think it might be because she's actually a different species than the rest of my catfish. It also could be because the other female tries to keep Casper's best friend to herself since that's her spawning partner .

It's not good to keep cories separate for a long time but they will likely survive. AJ lived with only a betta for 8 months then with only one other cory for 2 months and now he's the leader of his group and is going to celebrate his 2 year birthday soon.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:14 PM   #45 
Sena Hansler

sure bettamiah, but maybe in pm rather than on this particular post :p lol.

and hmmm ok... because the albinos don't come in often here. I'll check in the city when I go for the plants and such.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:17 PM   #46 
BettaMiah

Oh yes that is what I meant! I want to make this appeal as best I can to my parents.

But you know what they are going to say?

"Nothing is every good enough for you you always want bigger tanks!"
Old 10-14-2011, 08:19 PM   #47 
Sena Hansler

That's okay because my mom got mad that I was "spending all my money on fish". well... no I'm not. I have lots in my bank account because I don't spend every penny o_O No idea what she is talking about but yeah loool.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:20 PM   #48 
BettaMiah

I do..... Lol.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:20 PM   #49 
hedgehog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaMiah View Post
She eats some of Beaus Goldfish Flakes, Algae Wafers, Various vegetables, Shrimp Pellets, etc...

My parents do NOT want a larger tank. I could talk to them about getting possibly a 30 or 40 gallon, but...

Do you think a common Goldfish, a Pleco, and 4 Cories could live the rest of their lives in a 30 gallon?

My aunt and uncle offered me a free 55 gallon but it would come with the Goldfish they have now.

Maybe you could help me write a research paper on them (Including Goldfish and Plecos please?) On the proper care of them to persuade them to say yes? If i just go up and ask I am 100% sure they will say no.

I want to fix the mess I have created. I feel awful.
What brand of algae wafers? Mine eat Omega One which is high in protein--great for after accidental spawnage--and actually refuse to eat the Wardley shrimp pellets or algae wafers we give them. I really can't recommend Omega One enough it's first ingredients are fish and it really doesn't mention grains until maybe the fourth or fifth ingredient. If you can get Omega One Shrimp pellets I'm sure Kia would thank you.

Four cories really only need ten gallons. They would love a 30 gallon where they are the only bottom dweller. I can try to help with the paper but I am not terribly knowledgeable about plecos or goldfish. But really I don't mind try to help a pet owner take better care of their fishy friends. (I even wrote about helping spread pet ownership knowledge in my vet school personal statement).
Old 10-14-2011, 08:22 PM   #50 
Sena Hansler

I know more of goldies than most people :p well, most people meaning the ones who stick it in a bowl call it charlie and watch it die in a day. >< (been there seen that not very nice... then they ask why they die. hmmm....)