Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-15-2011, 08:08 PM   #21 
Myates

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaMiah View Post
Yes, actually, they do. You have a couple of babies on your hands. A few weeks old, at that. They will ither get stunted with a bent spine and die, or they will get huge.

Myates- Not to burst your bubble or anything because that was good info, but that whole organ end exploding fish thing isn't true. Instead, their organs start to shut down and their spines become really bent. ;)
Never said they exploded.. just that their organs don't stop growing and pretty much common sense will tell you that they will die from it because it will shut down.
So no bursting of my bubble! =P
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:13 PM   #22 
BettaMiah

Okay maybe I worded that wrong. Their organs don't really continute to grow, they just stop. The fish with it's organs will grow until it's body senses that what it is in is too small or the water quality declines because of a bigger Goldfish producing more waste, its spine just bends and the organs shut down.
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:42 PM   #23 
dramaqueen
Banned

Miah, what size tank do you keep your goldfish in?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:55 PM   #24 
Pitluvs

As you can see, there is quite an issue with the Goldfish :) I wasn't trying to be mean or anything, but for you and the fish, it's better to get a large tank or rehome them. The pet store might take them for you for free. Goldfish are high needs, not the fish people stick in bowls and say it's good. Goldfish live 20+ years, and when you have one in a bowl for 2 years and it dies, you've failed miserably.

Common Goldfish

Comet Goldfish
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:57 PM   #25 
Myates

^ +1
Old 10-15-2011, 08:59 PM   #26 
BettaMiah

DQ- Beau is getting 55 gallons once he gets a tab bit bigger. (I want him to be at least 4")
Old 10-15-2011, 09:02 PM   #27 
Myates

Quote:
DQ- Beau is getting 55 gallons once he gets a tab bit bigger. (I want him to be at least 4")
Parents changed their minds? Last night you were saying they won't allow any large tanks. Lets hope they change their mind quickly ;)
Old 10-15-2011, 09:06 PM   #28 
BettaMiah

My mom did. She said when the time comes we'll confront my dad and be like 'Look, he is getting to big for that tank, and _______ offered her a free 55 gallon.'

Sp it will happen. I'd say I have about a year until that comes, though. Beau is about 2.5 inches, maybe 3. But gosh has he been growing fast! Thats good though.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:14 PM   #29 
Myates

Quote:
My mom did. She said when the time comes we'll confront my dad and be like 'Look, he is getting to big for that tank, and _______ offered her a free 55 gallon.'

Sp it will happen. I'd say I have about a year until that comes, though. Beau is about 2.5 inches, maybe 3. But gosh has he been growing fast! Thats good though.
More like a month and he'll be 4 inches.. they grow really fast and have growth spurts hehe. Good luck!
Old 10-15-2011, 09:40 PM   #30 
StarBetta

aw man. I'll just give it to a friend who can handle them instead of the pet store trapping the poor fish in small tanks. One more question- What if the female gets pregnant and im not prepared? What shall i do then?
StarBetta is offline   Reply With Quote