Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-16-2011, 07:59 PM   #11 
Pitluvs

I have no idea why you think you have right to tell me what to do, since you just told Myates not to do the same thing? I am defending someone as well from being picked on. Someone with just reasons to be concerned. She is concerned for the well being of a helpless animal, you are concerned for the well being of a human that can Google and controls the fate of said helpless animal. Do you see where we differ on this? There would be no issue here if the OP asked questions and took advice. Instead they choose to breed their fish in a manner that spells disaster. They avoided questions, and continued to pretend everything was okie dory.

And for the record, I was not saying anything about others breeding pet store bettas, I said breeding for the sake of tossing two fish together. Many reputable breeders on here use pet store specimens, for a reason or a trait that compliments their breedings. If I want ct with a certain trait and a pet store has one, I'd use it in my program. Please don't put words in my mouth. I know the internet is full of tricky business when it comes to reading someone else's words but no where did I say anything about not using pet store fish.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:09 PM   #12 
bearwithfish

advice is being asked for and some has been given. if the op had asked for a public bashing i am sure they would have asked for one. however after reading this a few times just to be sure i can safely say that they are asking for guidance. with this in mind i would ask that this thread get back on topic and leave all of the external things to other places.....

now as for suggestions that the OP requested what specifically are you asking for.. keep in mind that as another member pointed out there are many methods to breeding and not all of them have the fishes best interest at heart.. also keep in mind that a lot of members here are very passionate about there fishy friends and while they come on strong at times they are just attempting to get a point across in text and that often comes with out the proper affliction to words that may sound different in person.
bearwithfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:33 PM   #13 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettafish333 View Post
Ok, so after a few not-so-great tries both of my bettas are getting flirty! The male has finally made a bubble nest in his home and i am currently setting up the breeding tank! He is a multi colored veil-tale and she is a multi colored crown tale! Good fish for a first breed before i move on to the expensive fish! I have homes for all of the future spawns! My tank is a 5 gallon clear tub, with water at 80. Lots of plants and good spots for the nest. Tomorrow i introduce the female to the tank. Then on friday the male! A good weekend project! Can't wait.....

any suggestions and would love to see your working spawns to!
I would put the male in first then introduce the female after he starts on a bubble nest. Is your pair conditioned?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:37 PM   #14 
Gloria

+1 bearwithfish
Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:12 AM   #15 
bettafish333
Banned

Ummm are you talking about me? who do you think you are? Your not the ruler of all betta fish! If you disagree with the way I want to breed, fine. But take it some where else so i can actually get some information without being attacked with comments such as "Instead they choose to breed their fish in a manner that spells disaster. They avoided questions, and continued to pretend everything was okie dory." You obviosly have a problem with me and i would hope you do not post here again.

Thank you bearwithfish and bettas rule and myates for actual advice! I am going to use a grow out tank and will postpone the breeding because apperantly i'm incompitent.

Now does anyone have pictures of there fry....? Im really interested in seeing some of yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
I have no idea why you think you have right to tell me what to do, since you just told Myates not to do the same thing? I am defending someone as well from being picked on. Someone with just reasons to be concerned. She is concerned for the well being of a helpless animal, you are concerned for the well being of a human that can Google and controls the fate of said helpless animal. Do you see where we differ on this? There would be no issue here if the OP asked questions and took advice. Instead they choose to breed their fish in a manner that spells disaster. They avoided questions, and continued to pretend everything was okie dory.

And for the record, I was not saying anything about others breeding pet store bettas, I said breeding for the sake of tossing two fish together. Many reputable breeders on here use pet store specimens, for a reason or a trait that compliments their breedings. If I want ct with a certain trait and a pet store has one, I'd use it in my program. Please don't put words in my mouth. I know the internet is full of tricky business when it comes to reading someone else's words but no where did I say anything about not using pet store fish.
bettafish333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:30 AM   #16 
bearwithfish

while i agree in postponing your breeding attempt based on wanting more informtaion i am not sure you will gain the responses you desire by taking the same tone as those who have offended you..

trust me when i tell you that in time if negative comments are ignored they will go away..

that being said if this topic can get back on pace with questions and answers and move along great!! if not perhaps a new one should be started fresh..
bearwithfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:40 AM   #17 
Myates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettas Rule View Post
Yes you do sound rude and I am glad you noticed it before you even wrote your post. (it shows the emotional state that you were in when you wrote this post) Can you try to be more supportive? Breeding bettas does not cost a lot and it's not that hard to do. This is a myth. Sure if you wanna go by name brand everything and go big then yea it's gonna cost you. You can however scour craigslist like I did and find everything you need cheep and easy! Betty splendens.com has over 3 different ways to spawn and they are not all in a 10 gallon. Please try not to judge others and tell them how to live. I had enough of that at that UB forum.
I love this site specifically because it does NOT have this kind of posting. I understand if you are frustrated so maybe if you can't say anything nice you shouldn't have said anything at all.
What is funny, is everything I posted in that list, including prices and the type of betta is from the sticky on top of this section. By a very successful breeder of these forums. There are a few stickies up there, and from what little the OP has said on what he is doing, he has done the opposite of which was recommended to breed. If he asked "Hey, do I do this or this?" Then he would of been answered accordingly and helped. I'm ALL for helping someone learn and experience these wonderful creatures. But when he says he is using a 5 gal, or that he didn't condition them, or didn't introduce them properly (a number of times, not just the once) and continues to not listen to the advice, you would expect some to get exasperated because instead of reading and learning and trying to do things properly, they ignore and expect not to get people to tell them to do a little more research? If he spent 10 minutes reading through the stickies, the problems he has been having (and still having after he was linked them) would not of been happening. Something as simple as how to introduce them. I want to help, why I spend time here daily to help people. To help their sick fish, or set up the proper tank, or whatever.
I can only ask/recommend something so many times before I throw up my hands. But in this case, I pushed further because I rather not have a few hundred little babies brought into the world, only to find he isn't prepared and they all perish. I would feel bad that I didn't speak up and tell him to do some more research since what little he has told us so far shows he still is lacking in knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettafish333 View Post
Ummm are you talking about me? who do you think you are? Your not the ruler of all betta fish! If you disagree with the way I want to breed, fine. But take it some where else so i can actually get some information without being attacked with comments such as "Instead they choose to breed their fish in a manner that spells disaster. They avoided questions, and continued to pretend everything was okie dory." You obviosly have a problem with me and i would hope you do not post here again.

Thank you bearwithfish and bettas rule and myates for actual advice! I am going to use a grow out tank and will postpone the breeding because apperantly i'm incompitent.

Now does anyone have pictures of there fry....? Im really interested in seeing some of yours!

Don't blame Pitluvs, she is like me and when it comes to the protection of animals we love, we will fight for them. You aren't incompetent, just need to do some more research. Read the stickies, look on other sites. Write down everything and make it into a check list of sorts to make sure you have everything prepared. Once you have everything set.. then by all means I wish you the best! You may have everything put together, you may have all the hundred jars with the ability to heat each one, great! But it's how you've said what you are doing that makes it look as if you aren't doing certain things the recommended way.

Thank you Pitluvs, you know where I am coming from and the fact that I'm trying to help and to get his attention to be able to help, and not attack.

Even if it seems like it.. if I was, trust me, you'd know. And I would not do anything such as that here in these forums as I am very fond of this site and many people who post here.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:43 AM   #18 
Myates

Back on topic (semi)
Can't blame you for wanting babies.. the fry are so cute!
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:47 AM   #19 
Pitluvs

Bettafish, I don't have a problem with you! I don't know you from Adam, so please don't take anything I say as a personal attack on you as an individual. I am mearly frustrated with how you plan to go about breeding when you were given good solid advice that you seem to ignore. I work with rescues, I foster, I adopt. I see what experiment in homes do to animals. I would have no issues if you came on here to learn, but it becomes frustrating when it seems you were not listening. For the record, I offered advice long before I spoke with Bettas Rule, but you have over looked that. Either way, I wish you good luck and hope you stick around and learn some great things here. My issues were with Bettas Rule, not you entirely.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:15 PM   #20 
bettafish333
Banned

and i dont blame you i respect you. You seem to know what your talking about. But when i dont respond, it doesn't mean i'm ignoring you! And i'm sorry if i over reacted but i do know alot about bettas! I have been researching for the last month or so and like i said i have found homes for all of them and yes myates they are so cute!
bettafish333 is offline   Reply With Quote