Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-13-2011, 01:04 AM   #31 
ForbiddenSecrets

The petsmart around me is the better one. The petco around my girlfriend is the better of the two lol. So it depends store by store
ForbiddenSecrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:32 AM   #32 
purplemuffin

To be honest, I've been really upset at petco since I heard about this:

Petco didn't have a plan for the flood, and refused to evacuate the animals within. Despite employees begging to save them, the people in charge figured the animals would all be fine/the losses of the ones who didn't make it would still not be as much trouble as organizing an evacuation of the pets. No bettas survived, the only reptiles that made it were the ones at the very top. The total toll was that half of the animals in the entire store did not survive.

It..really made me cry, it was a terrible thing that happened. What makes me mad--is this store HAS flooded before. The news was announcing that this flood would even be worse than the one that successfully put the area underwater in 2006, and the plaza is in a 'dip', not on a hill. There was no reason to think there wouldn't be a flood. It was horrible. I feel so bad for the employees who wanted to save them, but were forced not to. I think the ones who wanted to save them did what they could to place the animals as high up as possible, but what can you do with a flood like this? Ugh.

Thankfully the city got involved and is investigating this. The representatives of the store are acting apologetic and shocked that this happened. But you know what? I'm not surprised. :( Yuck. Individual stores with the individual employees who care do what they can to make their stores better, but in the end, it's all about the people up top who make the rules, and make the money. And that's where the real problem lies...

Last edited by purplemuffin; 10-13-2011 at 02:34 AM.
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:48 PM   #33 
Okami

Thats deplorable....
Okami is offline   Reply With Quote