Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-18-2011, 01:21 AM   #1 
purplemuffin

May have gotten a job at our LFS!

Went to our aquarium store today for my birthday to pick up some new stuff for Dionysus's tank. Got two pieces of driftwood, a big clump of java moss, and 5 java ferns as well as frozen daphnia, brine shrimp, plankton, and beef heart. :)

While I was there I talked a lot with the people working there about my tank, about Dionysus and his back and about how to set up the tank so he can be comfortable. I told him about our five gallon tank for Dionysus and he was so happy to hear that, mentioning how many school projects come by picking up bettas for little jar 'ecosystems' and such and how he likes to see them kept in bigger tanks. He also mentioned that they have a serious lack of employees and that they have no one who specializes in freshwater fish/plants and said I really sounded like I knew enough to get the job!

So he told me his work schedule and to fill out an application and turn it in on a day that he works so he can talk to the manager and mention the fact that I know what I'm talking about!

Woo!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:31 AM   #2 
Banicks

Congrats!
Banicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:40 AM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yay, that's wonderful!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:52 AM   #4 
purplemuffin

Yes I'm very excited! :)

They were actually the aquarium store a year ago that had the sad bad shipment of bettas. It's a shame, especially now that I know they haven't had someone good with freshwater fish in a long time, and I don't think they had anyone then who could really help. If I do get this job, I hope I can make a difference!
Old 10-18-2011, 02:24 AM   #5 
Pitluvs

You are so lucky! My store.manager said they would never hire me as I'm overqualified for a pet store job. Basically I know enough to call their bluff LOL You are lucky to find a store that appreciates your knowledge. Great store! Hope you get the job :)
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 03:03 AM   #6 
Banicks

Aww bugger Pitluvs :( I was hoping you got that local fish store job you wanted.
Banicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 03:07 AM   #7 
Pitluvs

Meh no loss here, I'd rather wait until the kiddos are in school, move to my hometown and go back to school myself. I wouldn't last a week in a big box store, I know too much about proper care. Wish we had small shops, those appreciate knowledge.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:03 AM   #8 
purplemuffin

Oh I understand. You couldn't pay me enough to work at a big chain petstore!! This place was cool though! :) Very willing to do what's best for the fish!
Old 10-18-2011, 04:08 AM   #9 
Pitluvs

That's amazing, please let us know the moment you get the job! Hope you can control your urge for Bettas, I know I couldn't working at a fish store Hehe