Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-20-2011, 05:23 PM   #51 
purplemuffin

Depends on the person selling the tank. I've seen people sell a 55 for 50 dollars or less, but others try to sell it for 70.

I would expect close to 100 dollars or more for a tank bigger than 75 gallons probably. Sometimes I see them for less. Big tanks are hard to sell, so sometimes people will lower their prices to sell them. If everyone is selling them for too much, wait for one of those '1 dollar per gallon' sales at a petstore. Save up that much money. It doesn't take that long :D

I look on craigslist to see what's for sale in my area :)

Last edited by purplemuffin; 10-20-2011 at 05:33 PM.
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:32 PM   #52 
LittleBettaFish

I picked up a gorgeous 4 foot, rimless, braceless tank with 10mm glass for $200.00 off ebay.

People find it difficult to move houses with larger tanks, so they often offload them cheaply as they want to get rid of them A.S.A.P.

If you do purchase a second-hand tank, always do a leak test somewhere outside (leave it full of water for a few days) and before purchasing always check to make sure they haven't lied about the condition of the seams, the number of chips etc.

You will have to upgrade your filter and heater, but honestly, there are so many brands out there that are of workable quality that you can find something cheap. Of course some people sell tanks with equipment, so that makes it a bit easier on the hip pocket.

I forgot to ask as I was just assuming in my previous posts, but you do have a filter running on your 10 gallon don't you? If not, your tank isn't going to cycle no matter how diligent and careful you are.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote