Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-17-2011, 10:30 PM   #191 
Tisia

I agree ^_^ she can be such a little brat sometimes but then she always does something super cute to make up for it, lol. I love her to bits. she's getting so big, she was like 3.8lbs when I first brought her home and she was 9.2lbs yesterday
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:12 PM   #192 
Nubster

My new addition to the family...he joined us yesterday.

He is a 5 month old Blue Heeler.
Nubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:27 PM   #193 
doggyhog

Tisia, I LOVE your Boston! My family is thinking about getting a boston... My mom has nixed getting a 100 pound dog (that's what I want.. LOL) but then I thought of a boston and my parents both love them!

Nubster: I love heelers!! I know a couple who have them and they are great dogs!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:16 AM   #194 
Tisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggyhog View Post
Tisia, I LOVE your Boston! My family is thinking about getting a boston... My mom has nixed getting a 100 pound dog (that's what I want.. LOL) but then I thought of a boston and my parents both love them!

Nubster: I love heelers!! I know a couple who have them and they are great dogs!
they're such awesome dogs. they've got the big dog attitude in a small dog package, lol. very smart too, she's almost 4 months and she already knows sit, shake, and lay down. she technically knows look at me, come, leave it, and drop it, but since she's still a puppy sometimes she decides to ignore them, lol
Old 10-20-2011, 11:10 AM   #195 
doggyhog

Yeah I need a dog that can hold their own around a bigger dog. (I usually have a standard poodle that I'm training, but they tend to be very gentle) My mom likes the size of them because she wants a dog that she'd be able to walk comfortably. I usually like really big dogs but I think if i'd get a small dog it would be a boston. They seem very spunky!

Do think a boston would do well on a farm? We have quite a few other animals and I imagine if we introduced them correctly it would be fine..
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:18 PM   #196 
ThePearlFish

Here is Emmy again, and with her posse:

Emmy and Rowan:

Us on a hike (the trails near our house lead to a Marina, very lucky we can walk to it )

ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:39 PM   #197 
GreenTea

:) I like the posse photo! Sylvie is so cute!

I'm in love with your heeler Nubster. We have a Cairn terrior named Romeo at home in Seattle. I picked him out of the litter and named him. He was the shortest and chubbiest, and sort of wandering off from the pack trying to get out of the fence. At the time I thought it was cute...But now he's really good at getting out of fences lol We walk him all the time, he's super high energy. He isn't a cuddly dog, but is very protective..always patrolling. He also likes to be able to see everyone. When I come home to visit he follows me all over the house, even sits outside the shower to keep an eye on me and make sure I'm safe. He's super smart and absolutely adorable. He's our families first dog, he's almost 5 now I think, and HE'S NEVER GOING TO DIE OK?

Him as a puppy on our way home to Seattle from the breeders in Yakima..

He's all wheat colored now with only a few black hairs here and there.

And this was my bunny Elephant (Ellie)
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:52 PM   #198 
Tisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggyhog View Post
Yeah I need a dog that can hold their own around a bigger dog. (I usually have a standard poodle that I'm training, but they tend to be very gentle) My mom likes the size of them because she wants a dog that she'd be able to walk comfortably. I usually like really big dogs but I think if i'd get a small dog it would be a boston. They seem very spunky!

Do think a boston would do well on a farm? We have quite a few other animals and I imagine if we introduced them correctly it would be fine..
obviously depends on the individual dog's personality but I don't see why not in general. like any smooshy faced dog they don't do very well in any kind of extreme temperature so there's going to be times you're better off just leaving them inside, but they love hanging out and playing with their people. last Sunday Sylvie was playing with one of the petsmart trainer's golden retriever (Sammy). the trainers were kind of concerned that Sammy could hurt her accidentally just because she's so much bigger, but Sylvie didn't seem worried at all, lol, she was bouncing all over Sammy and super excited about having a new friend. Sylvie is also on the smaller side of the breed, she'll probably top out at 15lbs at most, so a bit bigger one would probably be a bit less to be concerned about with bigger dogs, lol
Old 10-20-2011, 07:56 PM   #199 
purplemuffin

My sadie! :)

She's so hard to take pictures of. Her head is so funny, it looks like they put the wrong face on the wrong dog. She's gray all over her body, but then her head is mostly solid black XD It's cute though.
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:06 AM   #200 
caitic10

Shes beautiful!

I need more dog trick ideas! Anyone got any?
caitic10 is offline   Reply With Quote