Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-20-2011, 03:40 PM   #11 
Super Sly

ahh I c. well i usually change 50% a week then clean the tank at the end of the week and wash the gravel and plants
Super Sly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:56 PM   #12 
Super Sly

Another update just changed Fender's water today and the wrap looking thing came off. Im hoping that his fin regrows but if not i guess it ok as long as he is healthy.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:59 PM   #13 
Luimeril

CTs fins are very fickle. we had about four total, out of all our bettas, and only ONE has good fins, but even his are crinkled a bit. my Zidane's curled up till you couldn't even tell he was a CT, my brother's rays melted off till they looked stringy and funky, my mom's are tattered-lookin, and only my King Steve has decent rays(they're quite beautiful, actually!). could you take a sample of his water and test it, either yourself with a test kit or at a pet store? that may help figure out whats' going on with them. :3
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:46 AM   #14 
Super Sly

i will try but im not too close to a pet shop and have no test kit but will definintly be getting one soon
Old 10-21-2011, 01:09 AM   #15 
GreenTea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sly View Post
ahh I c. well i usually change 50% a week then clean the tank at the end of the week and wash the gravel and plants

Even with "washing" (I hope you aren't using soap!) his decor, you should still be changing the water twice weekly just to keep it clean for him. If you are worried about his fins, giving him sunlight and changing it even more frequently will help. High protein diets and clean water are the best things for fins, along with aq salt if they are damaged.
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:16 PM   #16 
Super Sly

Of course not,when i wash his gravel and decor i change the water with it I run warm water through the gravel and wiper the plant and statue with a rag. Also what would a high protein diet consist of and how much aq salt am i supposed to put in at a time and how often?

Tags
fin issue, fin problems, fin rot crown tail, fin turning white, help betta fish