Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-20-2011, 09:57 AM   #1 
Laki

Vids- my gorgeous bunny :)

Subscribe to me ^.^ I will return the favor :)

Here's my beautiful Acacia-berry. Tuesday I took all these vids. Since my best friend (my dog) passed away Acacia has become even more social. She follws us around and gets all giddy and binky on me :) She's even more spoiled on treats now bc I cannot refuse her little face

Acacia is just turned 5 yrs in Sept. But her Gotcha Day is in January sometime. Tell me what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrKAhjdKt9I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UqcR...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUPEQ...eature=related

I love watching bunny eat veggies and hay.. They always just disappear!! :)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:15 AM   #2 
purplemuffin

Oh she is so pretty! What a cool face! :)

Aww, I miss my bunny! :(
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:02 PM   #3 
Laki

People don't realise the impact losing a little friend is like. I still miss my little mini-rex Akina. You can tell me about your bunny :)
Old 10-20-2011, 12:22 PM   #4 
purplemuffin

We didn't have him very long, but it was still sad. My aunt breeds show rabbits and gave us one of her retired breeders. I'm not sure what breed he was but apparently they have shorter lifespans, and of course not being fixed also tends to lead to shorter lifespans(well, we didn't know that at the time, found this stuff out later). He was about 5 when we got him and he lived with us for a year before he passed. He left so quickly. Fine one day, but by evening he was horribly sick, and he died that night :(

He was SO cute, my mom used him in photography that Easter:

Old 10-20-2011, 02:17 PM   #5 
Laki

Aw, he's cute! I'm not sure the breed either. Yes, spaying them will help increase their lifespan by about half for females but since he was a male I would put money on something internal. They will hide their symptoms until it's too late in a lot of cases. It's not your fault though, we all have to start somewhere!! I didn't know a thing about my bunny when I first got her either! I had her eating seed filled food and bad hay!! Everything is a learning experience.
Do you think you'll ever own rabbits again?? I can always give you advice and help out :) I know for a fact that people who keep house rabbits differ by a large degree on the care than people who breed/show/raise for meat-fur. . . There are vicious debates out there!!
Old 10-20-2011, 02:26 PM   #6 
purplemuffin

Ah, see she told us that males were prone to cancer in their boy areas and that why they tended to have shorter lives if they weren't fixed, but I don't know. He was a sweet little guy.

I might own rabbits again, but it won't be for a while most likely. I've already got a lot, and to be honest I think I'll have to pick which of the small mammals I want. So many things are too cute. Rabbit, ferret, hedgehog, fennec fox, prairie dog, chinchilla, sugar glider, potbelly pig(okay that's not small), goat, etc. Can't really have all of them XD! As much as they are adorable!

My parents had started our rabbit on pellets, but I quickly got them to switch over to greens and hay. I don't like getting animals without researching what they need!
Old 10-20-2011, 03:52 PM   #7 
Silverfang

awww, what a cutie, and she looks like she can be a stinker ;)
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:52 PM   #8 
Laki

A stinker?? :P How do you mean? The worst smell out of bunny is the hay... When you're allergic to it!!! lol
Old 10-22-2011, 08:28 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

Aww, those pics are so cute!!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote